No announcement yet.

Starters' jobs up for grabs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the FO is smug but every decision they've made with regard to resigning players has been spot on so far.

I posted the not-too-popular opinion last year that McNabb was partially at fault for not stepping up to TO which would have made TO respect him more.

Comment

Nobody has any problem with any "good discussion"..... but that does not include personal attacks and sarcasm used as a personal attack.

This topic is about starters jobs up for grabs and in fact it was a good discussion for the most part... wanna talk about NN's and apologists and personalties of posters--- go back to the other board and join in the discussions there.

You ALL were told of this boards goals and it's M/O before anyone was ever signed on.

Wanna stay on topic fine, or even redirect into another Eagles football related talk, post away,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wanna degenerate this into name calling and personal attacks and sarcasm being used as a personal attack-- do it someplace else.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
        I think the FO is smug but every decision they've made with regard to resigning players has been spot on so far.

I posted the not-too-popular opinion last year that McNabb was partially at fault for not stepping up to TO which would have made TO respect him more.
        #5 was in a no win situation SF. He chose to let Owens hang himself, and he did.

The bigger question is how it all effects this year's team. That fiasco ripped the whole organization apart to some extent. Management and players seem miles apart. Even the company man McNabb is crying for receivers (Moulds, Walker). I really am kinda clueless as to what kind of year we're facing in '06.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

My apologies 60....I hope you knew my list was a joke although a poor one...
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
            Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
            Adrien Clarke will beat them both out eventually IMO...

E60's NN Credentials List:

-Hates Lurie
            -Thinks the Eagles are cheap
            -Thinks Banner should STFU
            -Believes Reid is "stubborn"
            -Thought McNabb should have punched TO out publicly
            -Harps that we pass too much
            -Desires a SB win before he passes

Anything I missed?
            Heck, I guess I'm a NN too.

-Hates Lurie...I don't hate Lurie, but a lot of people besides 60 think this FO is smug.
            Thinks the Eagles are cheap....One man's cap consiousness is another man's cheap.
            -Thinks Banner should STFU...Banner should STFU, but thinking that doesn't make one a NN, just makes him tired of listening to Banner open mouth and insert foot.
            -Believes Reid is stubborn...c'mon, that is easily debateable. Doesn't make anyone a NN. Sticking to the plan, even when things aren't working might be considered stubborn by some, you know, and it's not like it hasn't happened.
            -Thinks McNabb should have punched out TO...Don't remember him saying that, wouldn't have been the right thing to do, but would have made McNabb feel better, I bet.
            -Harps that we pass too much....Yea, that makes him a NN. Of course that also makes everyone with any knowledge of the game whatsoever a NN, because everyone with half a brain knows we pass too freakin much.
            -Desires a Super Bowl before he passes....AND YOU DON'T?? Every elder statesman I know wants one before they freakin die.

Yep, by this criteria, I have also crossed over to the dark side of negative nitwitsim, but you can call me a NN if you don't feel like typing it.
            It was a joke, EB...a poor one
            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

"Even the company man McNabb is crying for receivers (Moulds, Walker). "

I think this is an over statement.

IMO, of course any QB is gonna say he wants a Moulds or a Walker-- doesn't mean he is as desperate as using the words "crying for receivers" is want to imply.

He could have still had TO and my guess is he still would have said both publicly and to AR that he would love to have another weapon like a Walker.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60

#5 was in a no win situation SF. He chose to let Owens hang himself, and he did.

The bigger question is how it all effects this year's team. That fiasco ripped the whole organization apart to some extent. Management and players seem miles apart. Even the company man McNabb is crying for receivers (Moulds, Walker). I really am kinda clueless as to what kind of year we're facing in '06.
                Well hindsight is 20/20 but looking back on it, McNabb clearly chose the wrong road. TO is a child that needs to be slapped for him to respect your authority. Taking the high road was the wrong approach. 5 needed to step up there and be an ACTION leader, not an EXAMPLE leader.

Comment

Well hindsight is 20/20 but looking back on it, McNabb clearly chose the wrong road. TO is a child that needs to be slapped for him to respect your authority. Taking the high road was the wrong approach. 5 needed to step up there and be an ACTION leader, not an EXAMPLE leader.
                  Oh, I agree here SF. But even when you're wrong and take the high road, you usually do OK. If 5 gets off to a hot start, nobody will remember Owens.

Comment

Thank god we have Houston as the first game.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                      "Even the company man McNabb is crying for receivers (Moulds, Walker). "

I think this is an over statement.

IMO, of course any QB is gonna say he wants a Moulds or a Walker-- doesn't mean he is as desperate as using the words "crying for receivers" is want to imply.

He could have still had TO and my guess is he still would have said both publicly and to AR that he would love to have another weapon like a Walker.
                      Maybe it was overstated MD, but think about this. McNabb is a real company man. I would think that his high road approach to the Owens situation was in part due to him siting down with the big brass and discussing how to handle the situation. We all know that the Eagles take the high road in all disagrements, so it is no surprise that the Eagle Poster Boy would do the same (that is in no way knocking McNabb, but just stating what I think happened).

SOOOOO, I think maybe it was a little out of character for #5 to promote Moulds and Walker, and indeed might mean that he is speaking out a little about management.

Comment

Thank god we have Houston as the first game.
                        IF WE WIN!!!!

Comment

It's all good fellas. The entire organization is on vacation right now, there ain't squat going on. It's nice to see the juices are still flowing. I honestly don't think we have any negative nitwits on board, including 60.

Popper ain't changing his tone, and that's a good thing.

If nothing else, I think this thread indicates that you don't have to have a trainwreck of a board to have some spirited discussion. Camp's right around the corner, and it's gonna be nice to have some issues to discuss. Christ, I don't even think Banner or Reid are worried about football right now.

Comment

If we were to lose that game, I can't even fatom the reaction we'll see.

And poor Gaffney will get slaughtered. LOL!
                            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
                              It's all good fellas. The entire organization is on vacation right now, there ain't squat going on. It's nice to see the juices are still flowing. I honestly don't think we have any negative nitwits on board, including 60.

Popper ain't changing his tone, and that's a good thing.

If nothing else, I think this thread indicates that you don't have to have a trainwreck of a board to have some spirited discussion. Camp's right around the corner, and it's gonna be nice to have some issues to discuss. Christ, I don't even think Banner or Reid are worried about football right now.
                              Speaking of camp EB, are you going?

Comment

Speaking of camp EB, are you going?
                                I seriously doubt it. J-bird and I discuss going every year, and we just flat out can't seem to get the scheduling straight, because we're both really busy this time of year. I've got a couple of vacation days stashed, but I'm probably going to need them when we go up to the Linc this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X