Another Lelie rumor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Lelie rumor...

Ashley Lelie's representative, Peter Schaffer, and the Broncos have been working to try to find a willing partner in a player-for-player swap. Lelie has led the NFL the past two seasons in yards per catch. So far, the Broncos have been rebuffed in acquiring a player on their wish list or declined to pull the trigger. The New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles and Chicago Bears are among the teams the Broncos previously have been engaged in talks. But nothing appears to be imminent.

Don't know who they want, but I wouldn't give them much, he might not even be an improvement over the first 3 guys we already have.

Comment

Pinkston and a 6th for Lelie?

Comment

Not IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
          Not IMO.
          really?

I'd do it in a second

why wouldn't you?

Comment

Lelie is not a prooven commodoty at this stage of his career. I'd like to have him because I thnk he could turn into a top player - but I'm far from certain of that. I have more confedince in Gaffney becoming a top 10 Wr than I do of Lelie. Since it's not fantasy football I'd have to say no to giving up anything other than a draft pick.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I don't think he will end up here anytime soon.
              Pinkston coming back from an injury seems kinda iffy in a trade although I like the idea.
              Actually what makes some sense and I've heard from some cowboy fans is Greg Ellis straight up for Lelie. Ellis is openly not happy and doesn't really fit the defensive scheme but would fit real well in Denver. Lelie would be the young reciever they need. Both were 1st round picks I think.

With the new CBA salary cap I guess almost anyone could pick him up.

Comment

I don't like guys that whine and hold out.

Unless Pinky is not 100%, IMO, they are almost the same player and I'll take the non whiner. And if he isn't 100% Denver wouldn't take him.

Comment

What MDFAN said.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Re: Another Lelie rumor...

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                    Ashley Lelie's representative, Peter Schaffer, and the Broncos have been working to try to find a willing partner in a player-for-player swap. Lelie has led the NFL the past two seasons in yards per catch. So far, the Broncos have been rebuffed in acquiring a player on their wish list or declined to pull the trigger. The New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles and Chicago Bears are among the teams the Broncos previously have been engaged in talks. But nothing appears to be imminent.
                    Yeah, but this says the Eagles were PREVIOUSLY engaged in talks....as in, previously before signing Gaffney. I doubt there is any interested on the Eagles' part what-so-ever at this point.

Comment

I don't want a football player who goes by Ashley...the fans at the 700 level will have a field day with him in case he has a bad game.
                      "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

Aaaash ---LEEEEEEE, Aaaash - LEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! I can hear it now.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                        X