The Wire Season 4 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wire Season 4 thread

I know it's still a while away but damn I can't wait.

After watching the two Wire specials on HBO just now, it's amazing how great this show is. It's too bad a lot of people still aren't watching it.

Oh and Season 3 just got released on DVD.

Comment

I initially missed season 1, but ON DEMAND is a great thing. I now have recorded every episode and can't wait for the 4th season. I also saw those 2 shows on HBO this weekend and respect the job they have done even more since providing that insight.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Got around to watching the specials last night. What is truly amazing about the show, other than the writing and the acting, is how much everyone who in involved in the show cares about Baltimore. You can't say that about many other shows, probably just a few in New York, and it's alot easier to embrace New York than it is Baltimore.

I'm pumped up for the season premiere in two weeks. I'm guessing this will be the last season, which is a damn shame.

Comment

Watched the first episode on On Demand tonight. Only disapointment was no Omar. A lot of new characters and a lot of new positions for the old characters. And like always, they don't stop for anyone so have your thinking cap on when you watch.

Comment

The Wire is back!!

Last night was sort of an uneventful episode but I've gotten used to that from the wire. They like to take their time and introduce characters. But you know that this season will be phenomenal. The only thing that bugs me about it being a slow start is that new watchers might be turned off by the nonexistent plot in episode one.

Comment

Great news.

HBO has granted a fifth and final season renewal to David Simon's critically hailed crime drama "The Wire."

After receiving universal raves from critics for the just-premiered fourth season, HBO on Tuesday gave the greenlight to another batch of one-hour episodes. Final cycle will examine the role of the mass media in Baltimore.

Renewal arrives on the heels of a lukewarm reception Sunday for the season-four opener. The 10 p.m. episode drew 1.53 million viewers overall -- off from 2005's third-season premiere, which drew 1.8 million. Lead-in, an airing of theatrical "Fantastic Four," attracted 2.9 million at 8 p.m.

Rest of the 13-episode fourth season rolls out Sundays at 10.

Comment

Working...
              X