Positive sign....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive sign....

Lane Johnson and little dick, sorry old habit, Smallwood both returned to practice. They should be ready to go by next Monday.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...-20171017.html
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

L Johnson - Yay
    Smallwood - Meh

I guess Smallwood will replace Barner mostly. I really don't want him taking carries away from Blount.

Comment

Smallwood does a decent job blocking although he gets steamrolled once in awhile. Blount isn't the best either and Barner looked shaky to me last Thursday. We could use some help in that regard. That was the beauty off Sproles. The guy can do it all.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

IMM Barner getting less carries is a good thing. Let him return punts.

Comment

More healthy guys the better!

Comment

I would really like to see more between the tackles running with whoever is in there
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Smallwood is far and away the best back at picking up blitzes. He's not great like Sproles is, but the others are downright awful, which is why the Panthers constant blitzing was fairly effective.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                Smallwood is far and away the best back at picking up blitzes. He's not great like Sproles is, but the others are downright awful, which is why the Panthers constant blitzing was fairly effective.
                I fear the panthers attack could spur others to blitz the shit out of us.... Dougie needs to recognize this and come up with more plays to neutralize the rush. I don't think they did much to slow down the rush against the Panthers.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  I fear the panthers attack could spur others to blitz the shit out of us.... Dougie needs to recognize this and come up with more plays to neutralize the rush. I don't think they did much to slow down the rush against the Panthers.
                  The Skins really crowded the LOS against us and we had problems with it. I think that we ran for about 40 yards the first time we played them. They'll be coming early and often on Monday.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

A lot of handling the blitz is pre-snap recognition. That is something Carson is only going to get better at.

And remember that we played the Skins about a month ago and players have tendencies.

It strikes me as possible that Wentz will be sharp against the blitz because he has seen some of what Washington will do already and has recall.

Although the same can be said of Cousins but we seem to be able to get pressure without blitzing.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

When teams blitzed Wentz early his first year, he roasted them. Those were probably easier to diagnose though -- Rivera learned from Jim Johnson, so the ones this past game were likely a lot craftier, and that was probably what Eagles opponents had to deal with for most of the 2000s.

Eagles and Redskins are both playing better than they were in the opener. They have had our number in the past, but seems more even this year. Will likely be another tough game.

Comment

you don't get better playing shit teams. besides we are ready
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                        X