The draft might be more fun than usual this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The draft might be more fun than usual this year

Check out Eric Allen's tweet at the end of the article.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...ns-details-att
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Man F Drew Pearson with his pushing off Nate Wright cheating ass! F him and every other Cowboy!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
      Man F Drew Pearson with his pushing off Nate Wright cheating ass! F him and every other Cowboy!
      And they were going to call Wright for PI on the play if it wasn't a TD!!!!!!

Comment

It's not just the "with the 32nd pick, the SuperBowl Champion Eagles select...." but there are so many draft options with the QBs this year. Supposedly, Cleveland was going to pick Rosen but after Mora's comments, that's changed. If not, Giants are going to take him but now they're thinking Barkley. But Allen and Darnold are supposed to be better than Rosen but will take longer than Rosen to get up to NFL speed. Then I heard the Broncos are trying to move up for Allen.

It's going to be a crazy first round.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
          It's not just the "with the 32nd pick, the SuperBowl Champion Eagles select...." but there are so many draft options with the QBs this year. Supposedly, Cleveland was going to pick Rosen but after Mora's comments, that's changed. If not, Giants are going to take him but now they're thinking Barkley. But Allen and Darnold are supposed to be better than Rosen but will take longer than Rosen to get up to NFL speed. Then I heard the Broncos are trying to move up for Allen.

It's going to be a crazy first round.
          And maybe Mason Rudolph goes in the top 5. Supposedly there were no QBs in last year's draft and then everybody was tripping all over each other trying to draft them when the time came.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            And maybe Mason Rudolph goes in the top 5. Supposedly there were no QBs in last year's draft and then everybody was tripping all over each other trying to draft them when the time came.
            I think that’s what will happen going forward. A team can be stacked, without that QB it is very rough to win it all. Hell its rough to win it all with a great QB.

Comment

I kind of see it the other way. You need a good QB although a great one helps. Keenum isn't great but they lost because the birds had a better DL than the Vikes had OL. Foles isn't great but he had a better team around him and they both had better coaching than some other QBs. And I never thought Eli was a great QB yet he has rings. Won't say you shouldn't go for a great QB but the surrounding team helps and coaching goes a long, long way.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                I think that’s what will happen going forward. A team can be stacked, without that QB it is very rough to win it all. Hell its rough to win it all with a great QB.
                But some team managed managed to beat the greatest QB ever who was being coached by the greatest head coach ever and they did it with their BACK UP quarterback! Damn! That team must really be something!!!
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                  I kind of see it the other way. You need a good QB although a great one helps. Keenum isn't great but they lost because the birds had a better DL than the Vikes had OL. Foles isn't great but he had a better team around him and they both had better coaching than some other QBs. And I never thought Eli was a great QB yet he has rings. Won't say you shouldn't go for a great QB but the surrounding team helps and coaching goes a long, long way.
                  When a QB plays good and when they play great..... Makes a big difference. Foles may not be a great QB, but he sure is a GREAT QB in big games.

Comment

That's true MD. Guys, maybe all guys, have a great game here or there. A QB running for his life or on his ass can't do anything for you. But that kind of goes to my point. Foles would not have been near as good if the OL didn't do their thing and if Doug tried to run an O that he wasn't capable of running. Give me a good QB, give him good players around him, and give them a good game plan and I will take that bet each time.
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

That's true MD. Guys, maybe all guys, have a great game here or there. A QB running for his life or on his ass can't do anything for you.
                      But that kind of goes to my point. Foles would not have been near as good if the OL didn't do their thing and if Doug tried to run an O that he wasn't capable of running. Give me a good QB, give him good players around him, and give them a good game plan and I will take that bet each time.
                      I agree with your post ND, but that's what makes Carson so special. Those plays where he makes chicken salad out of chicken shit! It's also the reason that I fear that part of his game could be lost forever with the injury. And I also know that I worry a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X