• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aw, Jerry Hurt Zeke's feelings

Ezekiel Elliott's agent calls Jerry Jones' joke 'disrespectful'

Aug
    8/19/2019 4:30:22 PM
    |More
    Ezekiel Elliott and his representation didn't find the humor in Jerry Jones' preseason joke, Kevin Patra of NFL.com reports.

Following Tony Pollard's impressive preseason outing versus Los Angeles Rams' backups on Saturday, the Dallas Cowboys' owner quipped "Zeke who?"

Down in Cabo, the witticism fell flat.

Elliott's agent Rocky Arceneaux told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that neither he nor the running back found the joke humorous.

"I didn't think it was funny and neither did Zeke -- we actually thought it was disrespectful," Arceneaux told Mortensen.

Jones later said that Pollard would complement "not replace" what Elliott brings to the Cowboys, but it was the joke that garnered the headlines and attention.
    Last edited by Eagle60; 08-19-2019, 06:54 PM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Keep on being Jerry!

Comment

How dare anyone show disrespect to this fine young man!

And is that a ring in Elliott's nose or just plain old dried snot?

Comment

I think I will send out 2 tweets tonight:

To Zeke: Jerry said your momma is ugly.

To Jerry: Zeke said go f_ck yourself because your team sucks anyway.

Comment

I wonder whether Zeke and his agent would consider not honoring his contract to be respectful or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
            I wonder whether Zeke and his agent would consider not honoring his contract to be respectful or not.
            Good one Vet LOL!
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

"financial apology"

Comment

Maybe Jerry was just trying to be funny but what Zeke does not share his sense of humor. And belittling the guy who makes their offense go is a bad decision. The longer he sits out, the worse for Jerry because I have never seen a RB play well when he skips training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                  Maybe Jerry was just trying to be funny but what Zeke does not share his sense of humor. And belittling the guy who makes their offense go is a bad decision. The longer he sits out, the worse for Jerry because I have never seen a RB play well when he skips training camp.
                  Except for Emmitt Smith. He sat out training camp and the first 2 games. The Cowboys won the Super Bowl that year.

Comment

Zeke might be as talented as Emmitt, might be, but he is not the leader Emmitt was!
                    Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                      Except for Emmitt Smith. He sat out training camp and the first 2 games. The Cowboys won the Super Bowl that year.
                      They also had an offensive line that could get any RB in the NFL 1800 yards

Comment

Working...
                      X