Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This team has become painful to watch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This team has become painful to watch...

Or is it just "Boring"?

I have been watching the Eagles play for almost 70 years...sometimes at the games when I still lived in the Delaware Valley, but mostly on TV. They have been the source, occasionally, of great joy and more frequently, of great sadness. But almost always I have enjoyed watching them, even when they had really shitty teams and usually lost. It is not enjoyable for me to watch them this season. Until this year, I would go to great lengths not to miss a game. My Sunday's were planned around somehow watching my Birds. Since early this season, I simply don't care as much.

I think the constant/unending injuries to key players is the biggest part of this issue. I don't put much blame on the players. I believe they play hard and don't quit. The problem with the players is that so many good players have been hurt that the team has had to go to too many players who are either raw or lacking in talent or both. I do place some blame on the coaching staff, especially Pedersen and Schwartz. Pedersen's play calling is not consistently head scratching, it's just bad at the worst times a little too often. Schwartz's defense actually played well today, especially considering how much time the God awful play calling and execution of the offense left them on the field. But in general, I'm just really sick of his chicken shit, "Bend don't Break" approach to defense.

And then there is Howie. Could the trading genius, who in prior years always seemed to be trying to add good players, have been more invisible in the team's injury plagued time-of-need than he has been all year? There have been some talented players change teams during this season. Who has Howie picked up, during the season, to either make the team better or, at least, try to fill some of the holes left by serious injury. There have been some talented receivers who changed teams. Some had some 'warts'. And who does Howie come up with? Jordan Fucking Mathews. I'm sure Jordan is a nice man. The problem is that he's a #4 or 5 WO at best who does nothing well. WTF is that?

If I seem angry, I'm really not. Just very disappointed or maybe worse... bored by the team I've lived and died with for 70 years..

And as to the single biggest problem. What the fuck is it with the injuries? Really, WTF is going on? Is there some cosmic force that has it in for the Birds? It's gotten to the point that, after each play, I'm looking to see who's not getting up.

In the meantime, today Sanu gets his leg bent in a manner than ends careers for many guys and he goes out for one play.

Again, WTF is going on?
    Last edited by tinopuno; 11-18-2019, 12:53 AM.

The injuries really are maddening. Coming into the bye, I felt confident that we could beat the Patriots because we matched up really well against them. The strength of our team right now is our O-Line, running game, and D line. Then coming out of the bye, we lose our best power back, our 3rd down back, and our most reliable receiver.

Despite all this, I still think we are ok because our O-Line and maybe Sanders can carry us. Up 10-0, all is still looking pretty good. Then we lose Lane to a concussion????. We still might be able to hang on and win this thing because we have the lead but now Sanders disappears for two straight drives. Was he in the tent?
    As Vince Lombardi once said, "WTF is going on out here!"
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
      The injuries really are maddening. Coming into the bye, I felt confident that we could beat the Patriots because we matched up really well against them. The strength of our team right now is our O-Line, running game, and D line. Then coming out of the bye, we lose our best power back, our 3rd down back, and our most reliable receiver.

Despite all this, I still think we are ok because our O-Line and maybe Sanders can carry us. Up 10-0, all is still looking pretty good. Then we lose Lane to a concussion????. We still might be able to hang on and win this thing because we have the lead but now Sanders disappears for two straight drives. Was he in the tent?
      As Vince Lombardi once said, "WTF is going on out here!"
      After V continued getting his ass kicked you would think that Stoutland would have tried something else. WTF is all the depth that they are always bragging about in the O line?
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I turned game off. They just don't play with spirit. I don't know where to begin, but, you are right, just not enjoyable to watch.

Comment

I read an interesting quote yesterday. "Only the injury prone Eagles could come out of the bye week in worse shape than before".

Comment

The roster is in need of an overhaul, Plain and simple. Howie knows it, Doug knows we all know it. I think right now all they are trying to do is get through this year and hope to make the playoffs. Its still possible but its going to take some luck. Can't have a major player every week going down. Yesterday we lose Johnson, then we lose Peters. Its just getting comical after losing Jeffrey and Howard the game before, Jackson and M. Jackson and Bradham and .... the drop off from starters to backups is significant right now.
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
              I turned game off. They just don't play with spirit. I don't know where to begin, but, you are right, just not enjoyable to watch.
              It sounded to me that defense played a hell of a game Pliny. Isn't that true? Brady is so pissed off that he didn't call into WEEI this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                It sounded to me that defense played a hell of a game Pliny. Isn't that true? Brady is so pissed off that he didn't call into WEEI this morning.
                The Defense played well yesterday but they left a ton of plays on the field. I have never seen so many dropped INT's without getting at least one.

I know this isn't going to be Popular but Brady had a worse day than Wentz.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  The Defense played well yesterday but they left a ton of plays on the field. I have never seen so many dropped INT's without getting at least one.

I give the D a lot of credit for holding up well despite being on the field FAR TOO MANY MINUTES.

With the credit for holding up well, there were 2 areas where there were real breakdowns: the multiple dropped pics were crushers and so were the missed tackles on several running plays and screens that went for big Pats gains in key situations, mostly blown 3rd down stops.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

You're not going to get an argument from anybody up here LOL. They're calling for Brady's head and saying that he's all done.

Comment

Working...
                    X