Pro Bowl Rosters Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Bowl Rosters Announced

Eagles lead the NFC with 9, Steelers lead the AFC with 6. Obviously, I think Aaron Smith should have got in, but overall I thought the picks were pretty good this year. Sure, some of the guys made it based on previous seasons, not this one, but that's really unavoidable.

OK, I know the 49ers had an awful year, but how did Eric Johnson not make the team? That's messed up!

Comment

Originally posted by JBurn
      OK, I know the 49ers had an awful year, but how did Eric Johnson not make the team? That's messed up!
      Easy, it's because Alge Crumpler and Jason Witten had a better season.
      http://www.canuckheaven.com/upload/canttouch.jpg

Comment

How so?

Comment

Witten was the best, Crumpler and Johnson were close in yards, Crumpler had more TDs while Johnson had more receptions. Crumpler plays for a winning team. Therefore, Crumpler had a better season.

Comment

Johnson had more yards and almost 30 more catches. How does what team they play for matter. Lol. If anything, it goes the other way. It's harder to have a good year when the rest of your team sucks. So get real.

In the NFC, Johnson is number 1 in catches, 2 in yards. Jason Witten was 2 in catches and 1 in yards. Crumpler was number 5 in catches and 3 in yards.

Clearly, Jason Witten and Eric Johnson had the best seasons, both are 1 and 2 in both of the major areas...

Comment

Oh, I see them as pretty even statistically. Johnson's lead in catches is offset by Crumplers lead in touchdowns, and the difference in yards is just six. So the player who actually helps his team win goes. It's a lot easier for Johnson to amass catches in an offense which is constantly playing from behind. There's no real definitive answer to this question, I suppose.

Comment

Alge Crumpler also helped the "incomprable" Mike Vick get into the Pro Bowl. Crumpler has been on fire the whole year, while Johnson has been very good in the beginning, he started to slow down. Plus, remember that these rosters are made by the fans, so more publicity=more votes.
                http://www.canuckheaven.com/upload/canttouch.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X