OT: Lynn Swann for Governor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Lynn Swann for Governor

Just curious what everyone thinks about his bid for Governor of PA. I really wonder if those SB rings qualify him to be governor, since he's never held any office and his platform basically consists of "Remember me? Played for the Steelers? Hall of Fame and all that?"

But hey, if Ahnuld can be governor of CA, what the hell, right?

I laugh every time I see one of his ads ripping Ed. Here's a guy with a law degree from Penn who worked his way up through the prosecutors office to become the city DA. Used his record there to become Mayor and that record to become Gov. Swann hasn't done a thing and wants to be Governor based on his football fame. He is attacking Rendell as being a lifetime politian and using the fact that he has NO experience as a positive!! I have yet to hear him actually discussion his ideas for change in any detail. So far he's all about vague "we should change this" without any detail on how to make the changes!! If he wins the election PA is in deep trouble!!!
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

The thing that scares me about Lynn Swan is he has never held any type of polical office. I also don't like his tax reform Bill. Basically anyone who bought a house in the last 5 years would be heavily taxed to the tune of double (in my case). I would have to move out of PA if he got his tax plan through.

Rendell is no great shakes either but he has not cost me money yet. He hasn't saved me anything but he hasn't cost anything
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Swann can get open deep. He is a threat from anywhere on the field. Rendell is slow, runs poor routes, and doesn't have very good hands.
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Umm... i kinda don't like political threads but this one will stand unless people start arguing about it.

Anyway... just curious, I havent been in PA in 10 years. Is there any chance Lynn Swann actually wins this thing?

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge
            Swann can get open deep. He is a threat from anywhere on the field. Rendell is slow, runs poor routes, and doesn't have very good hands.
            he makes up for being slow by going 108 in his limo on the turnpike
            Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
              Umm... i kinda don't like political threads but this one will stand unless people start arguing about it.

Anyway... just curious, I havent been in PA in 10 years. Is there any chance Lynn Swann actually wins this thing?
              I wasnt sure, since it was KIND OF football related
              And there's no way he wins; the Democrat machine owns PA.

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk

I wasnt sure, since it was KIND OF football related
                And there's no way he wins; the Democrat machine owns PA.
                Which explains how Rick Santorum and Arlen Specter are its senators. :P

I think Swann was always a longshot to begin with. But it is definitely true that in these times of political disgust, poising as a "maverick outsider" is considered a bonus when running against a dreaded "career politician". But it still comes back to having a clear resume of leadership, managerial experience, some proven political success, and marketing oneself well on the issues. Not sure Swann has done all this 110% enough to unseat a well-known political heavyweight like Rendell.

Comment

No.

UNLESS there is some serious hanky panky with the voting machines. But... this isn't florida or ohio. Rendell has to blow a 3 touchdown lead on Swann. Considering he's from Philadelphia, there might be something to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyJack
                    UNLESS there is some serious hanky panky with the voting machines. But... this isn't florida or ohio. Rendell has to blow a 3 touchdown lead on Swann. Considering he's from Philadelphia, there might be something to worry about.
                    /

Comment

Although I do not live in PA, I do follow political polls. From what I have seen Rendell has a double digit lead over Swann.

Comment

Swann is hoping the Steeler faithful will vote him in. Problem is he is running in a year when the Steelers blow. We all know when the Steelers suck 3/4 of the fans are no longer Steeler fans.
                        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

the funny thing is most eagles fans are sick of rendell's schtick from that dam comcast post game show - is he still on that thing? doesn't he have a state to run?
                          Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

No, Fast Eddie gave up the Comcast gig a couple of years ago. He may not have been able to keep up with Ray Diddy, football-knowledge wise, but I'll take him over Joe Theismann any day (of course, Id take repeatedly being hit in the skull with a hammer over Joey T, so..)

Comment

No,he gave up post game live because it would be considered comcast giving him free air time or some such thing and they would be obliged to give swann the same thing week after week.

Comment

Working...
                              X