Eagles “secret” weapon - the numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles “secret” weapon - the numbers

I know that every NFL team uses analytics to some degree, but I had no idea....
    http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphi...-fueled-attack

Basically, Pederson and Schwarz have a very good handle on when the time’s right to run a certain play, when you shouldn’t, and when it’s a good time to say, “It’s your call, just go with your gut.” It’s the numbers!
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Good stuff. I read an article leading up to the SB that explained the Eagles and Patriots use of analytics to manage game flow. I wonder if other teams will now try to duplicate their efforts, as the league is a copycat league

Comment

Without a doubt. You just know every team is looking into it.

I liked how it even helps them manage their two minute drills. Hello, Andy Reid? I hope you read that article!
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

The pair weighs in after just about every touchdown on whether to go for one or two; during the final two minutes of each half to discuss timeouts; and when the team gets into what is considered fourth-down territory, usually around midfield and beyond. Sometimes Pederson initiates the dialogue; other times, the men upstairs do.

I'm pretty sure that AR hasn't read this thing.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
        X