Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Comment

Gil Brandt.....

The Super Bowl champions’ plans: “I don’t know what they’re going to do, but I have been amazed at their presence everywhere at these Pro Days. I told [general manager] Howie Roseman, ‘You must have an unlimited scouting budget—and I think you’ve exceeded it.’ They’ve had coaches and scouts everywhere. They don’t act like they just won the Super Bowl. They act like they’re dying just to make the playoffs.”

Good for Howie & Co
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Their position and few number of picks makes each one more important given their salary cap situation. They better get these right because they will need some of them to play meaningful minutes out of the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
      Their position and few number of picks makes each one more important given their salary cap situation. They better get these right because they will need some of them to play meaningful minutes out of the gate.
      Not just this year, but there are some big contracts coming up especially Wentz so hitting on draft picks is huge.
      Last edited by WCPhan; 04-09-2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

We have all our future picks after this year , don't we ? I won't be surprised if we trade back for a pick or 2 and I also won't be surprised to see someone get traded so we can move up. Who the hell knows what Howie will pull off ?
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Tough to say what he is going to do but I like the fact they are heavily invested in checking the talent---even though they don't have a lot of picks. I'm a believer in scouting and getting to know all you can about players. The Phils had a great minor league system many years ago and kind of let it go to hell. It is better again but the dry years I believe were heavily impacted by a lack of investment in scouting and grooming at the minor league level.
          Stay hungry
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Remember it's quality, not quantity guys. 5 third round picks don't do you any good if none of them can play.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              Gil Brandt.....

The Super Bowl champions’ plans: “I don’t know what they’re going to do, but I have been amazed at their presence everywhere at these Pro Days. I told [general manager] Howie Roseman, ‘You must have an unlimited scouting budget—and I think you’ve exceeded it.’ They’ve had coaches and scouts everywhere. They don’t act like they just won the Super Bowl. They act like they’re dying just to make the playoffs.”

Good for Howie & Co
              I wonder if this is a product of Joe Douglas having a large scouting department and checking out players from all parts of this country

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                I wonder if this is a product of Joe Douglas having a large scouting department and checking out players from all parts of this country
                Jeff poured a lot of money into his scouting department right from the start. It sounds like we finally have the right guy that knows what to do with it! Plus having ND call the Eagles every week touting North Dakota State helped too. After all he got Wentz for us!!!

Comment

Maybe they go South Dakota this year and grab the big TE Goedertt (sp?)
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

OLinemen/ you can never have too many

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                      Maybe they go South Dakota this year and grab the big TE Goedertt (sp?)
                      Make sure that you get the spelling right when you call Joe!

Comment

Working...
                      X