Foles Franchised..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foles Franchised..

Eagles franchised Nick Foles today with the intention of trading him. Should be a 2rd pick with Jax, Miami, Skins, or g-strings in the mix. Good move IMO since it brings another 2rd pick for the 2019 Draft.
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Nah, they just picked up his option J. No surprise there. Foles can buy that back for $2million. He's basically still a FA once the period starts unless the Birds do franchise him.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

With them officially picking up the option the franchise tag is inevitable. Unless of course Nick makes a deal to honor the contract by not paying the $2 million back for a gaurentee that he is traded and the right to pick the team he is eventually traded to. This helps both of them IMO. Nick may be giving up 2-3 million on the franchise tag but that deal would likely be nixed by a new deal anyway. In exchange he gets to choose the team he goes too. For the Eagles they get a better trade option with Nick at $20 million vs. $25. It’s a starting point for negotiation but it helps both of them if Nick agrees to not void the contract.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        Nah, they just picked up his option J. No surprise there. Foles can buy that back for $2million. He's basically still a FA once the period starts unless the Birds do franchise him.
        According to ESPN Adam Schefter the Birds HAVE Franchised Foles.
        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Third tweet

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Comment

No tag yet. I believe Nick will work with the Eagles. And the Eagles will work with Nick.

Comment

This report sounds like something the Eagles leaked. All along I knew they would opt in. They knew it when they set the contract up. I think this is a shot at Foles agent to say Opt-in and we make this work or we will franchise you and make it work. The other thing I would say is the trade him for a 3rd round pick thing is to let the rest of the league know they are open for business on Foles and the opening bids are low. Best thing that happens is two teams bid for him and they get a 2nd and a player, which ultimately is what they probably will get.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Taz I agree. I think a high second or a very low first is likely. The Dolphins, Jags, Giants, and Broncos make sense to me.

Nick and his agent can pick where they want to go and that team then puts the package together.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I just don’t see Nick going to NY. I don’t see NY moving on from Ely with a veteran QB and I don’t see him wanting to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    I just don’t see Nick going to NY. I don’t see NY moving on from Ely with a veteran QB and I don’t see him wanting to go there.
                    The only way I see the Giants trading for Foles is if they don’t see a franchise QB this year but have their eye on a QB in 2020. I get that they won’t want to waste another 2 years of Barkley and ODJ in his prime while they draft a QB next year and then allow him to develop the next year. Nick gives them a legitimate shot at making the playoffs in each of the next 2 years that Eli just can’t do. Trading a 2nd and a developmental player (I doubt the Eagles will take less than that if Nick goes to a division rival) is a cheap deal for a shot at being relevant for the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                      The only way I see the Giants trading for Foles is if they don’t see a franchise QB this year but have their eye on a QB in 2020. I get that they won’t want to waste another 2 years of Barkley and ODJ in his prime while they draft a QB next year and then allow him to develop the next year. Nick gives them a legitimate shot at making the playoffs in each of the next 2 years that Eli just can’t do. Trading a 2nd and a developmental player (I doubt the Eagles will take less than that if Nick goes to a division rival) is a cheap deal for a shot at being relevant for the near future.
                      Again I disagree Juk. They'll want Eli to groom their draft pick this year. It makes sense for them to trade for Foles but I don't think Mara wants to move on from Ely just yet and there's no way that Nick wants to come into the Linc in a Giant uniform. Ain't gonna happen and I'll put a half gallon of Jim Beam on it!

Comment

Uh, I think we both agree it isn’t going to happen 60. I said the above is the ONLY way I can see them having interest in Foles. If they don’t take a QB with the 6th pick Gettlan should be fired and the fans should storm the Mara estate and burn it to the ground! It would be insane for them to do anything other than draft their next QB or trade back a few spots and take him then. But they have to come out of the first round with their next QB!

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                          Uh, I think we both agree it isn’t going to happen 60. I said the above is the ONLY way I can see them having interest in Foles. If they don’t take a QB with the 6th pick Gettlan should be fired and the fans should storm the Mara estate and burn it to the ground! It would be insane for them to do anything other than draft their next QB or trade back a few spots and take him then. But they have to come out of the first round with their next QB!
                          You're right Juk and on top of that they might have to move up to get their guy. I'm not buying any of the crap about no QBs are good enough either. Look at the last 2 drafts and the really good QBs that came out of them.

Comment

Eagles can't officially "tag" Foles until 2/19. They have until 2/13 (language says one month before league year begins so with 28 days in February, not sure that's exact) to exercise the $20MM option they have on him.

The Eagles have to get a 2019 3rd round pick or better as an incentive to trade him IMO. A third this year is better than the best case compensatory pick of a 2020 pick at the very end of the 3rd round.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                              Eagles can't officially "tag" Foles until 2/19. They have until 2/13 (language says one month before league year begins so with 28 days in February, not sure that's exact) to exercise the $20MM option they have on him.

The Eagles have to get a 2019 3rd round pick or better as an incentive to trade him IMO. A third this year is better than the best case compensatory pick of a 2020 pick at the very end of the 3rd round.
                              Not really Steve, in fact they might be happy just to get anything for him. Realistically how many teams would want him? I don't think that there is going to be a huge demand for him because most team's QB issues were settled last year with young blood. On top of that if the Birds let him go they are assured of nothing for comp picks because they themselves will most likely sign a few FAs. Elway is in love with Lock from Missouri. About the only team that I see that might be interested in him is Jacksonville.

Comment

Working...
                              X