Scenarios . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenarios . . .

If the Cowboys lose to the Saints or Redskins and we win our next 2 then we will clinch the NFC EAST before the last game of the season. That last game would be meaningless for us (unless we have a shot at the #2 spot and the bye).

Would you want to play the Cowboys with nothing to gain other than to maybe knock them out of the playoffs? That game might be important for the Boys to get the last wild card spot.

We could end up playing them twice in a row. How do you handle that situation if you're Reid? I know he likes to rest guys.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

If we go into the last week tied with Arizona for the #3 seed, I'd like to get that......just because I'd rather see Minnesota off a bye instead of New Orleans. Six of one, half a dozen of the other I suppose.

Maybe play the starters for a half. No way that Kolb or TDK plays and just hands off to a RB, that's for sure.
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

One question that I'm wondering is...

let's say the Eagles win out and get to 12-4.

And the Vikings lose 2 of their last 3. Not saying it is going to happen but it could.

Vikes at Panthers, at Bears and home against Giants.

If the Vikings end up 12-4 and we are 12-4 who would get the other bye?

And, if it ended up Card, Eagles and Vikes at 12-4 who would get it then.

The way I see it is if the Vikes end up 12-4 then they would be 9-3 in the NFC and if we win out we are 10-2. The Cards would also end up 9-3 I believe.... so how does that play out?
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I think we win the tie breaker against both.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

conference record would be main tiebreaker, which is why Eagles needed Vikes to lose two of remaining three against conference opponents more than they needed a loss to CIN yesterday
          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

You know who scares me? The Saints and the Cards.

The Vikings looked good yesterday but they are very beatable.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
              I think we win the tie breaker against both.
              yes we would

I don't think Minn is gonna lose two out of three to Chi, Car, NYG.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                You know who scares me? The Saints and the Cards.

The Vikings looked good yesterday but they are very beatable.
                This years playoffs will be tougher than I can ever remember if we make it. The Saints, Cards, Vikes, Pack and Giants all would be tough opponents. Dallas is no slouche either if they somehow get some december confidence.

I really feel like we can beat any of those teams. But, having to beat 3 of those teams in a row would be some chore.

Comment

It's going to be near impossible to beat New Orleans in New Orleans with this defense.

We'd have to do what we did last night.
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Well NO has a pretty banged up secondary as well. They have people off the street. We can score points on them.

The Cards defense is playing really well. They have the horses to compete on offense and they can play D. (Now watch them lay an egg tonight since I said that.)

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post

The Cards defense is playing really well. They have the horses to compete on offense and they can play D. (Now watch them lay an egg tonight since I said that.)
                      I am excellent at jinxing teams.

Comment

Working...
                      X