RIP Mr. Rooney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Mr. Rooney

Not a fan of the team, but he kept them in it every season. In a small market town.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

I think that he was one of the good guys in the sport. He will be missed.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Rip...... A stalwart.

Comment

Treated players as Human Beings, he will be missed. R.I.P. Mr Rooney.
        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Certainly seemed like he was one of the good guys in the league and you can't argue that the Steelers have consistently been relevant in the NFL. While Lurie hasn't had the consistent success I see him as a similar owner
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

There might be a few unusual prospects in camp this summer

The Eagles went so far as to assign a scout to keep tabs on prospective projects in college basketball. And when that scout left, the Eagles saw the role as important enough to replace him.

“Look around the league, and you see the athletes who are winning these one-on-one matchups—a lot of them have basketball background—and we wanted to make sure we’re researching guys to be part of the next wave,” Eagles vice president Howie Roseman explained. “Most of the guys, you see them, you don’t know if they’ll have a real chance to play in the NBA, based on their body type. But that body type is perfect for football.” Now, more often than not, the basketball players who give the NFL a shot won’t make it. But enough do to where what we’re seeing the Chiefs do this month is far from novelty anymore.

Comment

Right thread there 60? Too many "sips" tonight?

Comment

Used to know his brother Tim reasonably well. The 5 brothers owned all their ventures in equal shares, but each brother managed a different business. Dan managed the Steelers, obviously. Tim managed Yonkers Raceway. The family has its roots in horse racing. Art was a math wiz and created many of the racing paradigms that exist today. Quite the family. RIP Dan Rooney.
                Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  Right thread there 60? Too many "sips" tonight?
                  Guilty as charged!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

Guilty as charged!
                    Based on the time stamp I figured that out, but being like minded at the time, I wasn't able to put together a coherent sentence to bust on you.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                    X