Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Night Schedule

Must watch tv, 8PM Thursday on ESPN
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

That would require that I turn on that 4 letter network who's target audience is pre-pubescent morons and social justice warriors. I'll just check it out on the web 5 min. after it's released.
    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

I don't want to get political, but since "social justice" was mentioned ....
      I visited Sarah Lawrence College with my daughter a week ago and ran across a placard that said "Resist American Imperialism in Syria". I am all for kids being involved, but does that really imply being an idiot? Is the hatred for America so blinding that slow, painful deaths of children get lost in the wash?
      Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
      Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
        I don't want to get political, but since "social justice" was mentioned ....
        I visited Sarah Lawrence College with my daughter a week ago and ran across a placard that said "Resist American Imperialism in Syria". I am all for kids being involved, but does that really imply being an idiot? Is the hatred for America so blinding that slow, painful deaths of children get lost in the wash?
        Let's face it that the world views us that way seeing as though we've grabbed a lot of land, bombed a ton of counties and really were the first modern country to spread our capitalistic ventures throughout the world. That being said, I'd take some of those ISIS bastards on our team if we could promise that they wouldn't shoot up the place. I'm tired of nicey nicey guys.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

In other words the annual lets see how we can screw the Eagles event. I am sure we will travel to the west coast, have to come home and play a thursday night game in Dallas, then fly home to play a game against the Giants then fly back out to the West Coast for another thursday game, Oh and all the teams will be coming off their bye weeks.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
            That would require that I turn on that 4 letter network who's target audience is pre-pubescent morons and social justice warriors. I'll just check it out on the web 5 min. after it's released.
            that as totally tongue in cheek, I don't watch them unless there's a football game on that I want to see and they are the ONLY option. What happened to the sports station that everyone had to have in the 80s ?
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
              In other words the annual lets see how we can screw the Eagles event. I am sure we will travel to the west coast, have to come home and play a thursday night game in Dallas, then fly home to play a game against the Giants then fly back out to the West Coast for another thursday game, Oh and all the teams will be coming off their bye weeks.
              I think the Birds requested that they play the west coast teams two games in a row so they can stay out there for the week. Interesting thought but I hope the guys don't think that they're on vacation for the week!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                I think the Birds requested that they play the west coast teams two games in a row so they can stay out there for the week. Interesting thought but I hope the guys don't think that they're on vacation for the week!
                Well if we requested it, then for sure we're not getting it.
                We play both LA teams in LA. I'm sure they'll be split up. We also play in Seattle again.
                At least we get Oakland, Denver, Arizona and SF at home. The schedule could have been much worse.

Prediction: We'll play all NFC EAST opponents after their bye weeks and the Cowboys won't have to play anyone after a bye.
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  that as totally tongue in cheek, I don't watch them unless there's a football game on that I want to see and they are the ONLY option. What happened to the sports station that everyone had to have in the 80s ?
                  The same thing happened to the 4 letter network that has happened to the nations colleges.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                    Well if we requested it, then for sure we're not getting it.
                    We play both LA teams in LA. I'm sure they'll be split up. We also play in Seattle again.
                    At least we get Oakland, Denver, Arizona and SF at home. The schedule could have been much worse.

Prediction: We'll play all NFC EAST opponents after their bye weeks and the Cowboys won't have to play anyone after a bye.

This seems to happen every damn year!

Comment

The rumor is the Birds will play 19 away games? And play 14 teams coming off bye weeks.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                        The rumor is the Birds will play 19 away games? And play 14 teams coming off bye weeks.
                        If that's the case we win the SB!

Comment

My hero!

Area Man Tells ESPN to Eff Off
                          —Ace

Quick point before I get to the humorous content: The "prestige" media has prestige only because people confer that prestige on it. Stop conceding that prestige, and they're not prestigious any longer.

A lot of people take pics and videos and post them. The major networks then ask -- for free -- for rights to republish the photos or videos.

Most say yes, just because it's "prestigious" to have a media company use your work (for free!) so long as they give you some kind of minor credit at the bottom of the page.

Maybe people should start saying "No," or "Yes, if you pay me a lot of money, assholes."

Enter Abdul, who took this amusing photo of a guy trying to rev up the runners at the Boston Marathon:

Follow
                          abdul 🚀 ✔ @Advil
                          this guy is at the #BostonMarathon right now motivating the runners. i love boston.
                          2:52 PM - 17 Apr 2017
                          13,551 13,551 Retweets 31,654 31,654 likes

ESPN immediately begged him to let them use his picture -- for free!, but with attribution.

17 Apr
                          abdul 🚀 ✔ @Advil
                          this guy is at the #BostonMarathon right now motivating the runners. i love boston. pic.twitter.com/jOT6kmRJhK
                          Follow
                          ESPNAssignmentDesk ✔ @ESPNAssignDesk
                          @Advil Hello. May ESPN have permission to use this photo on all platforms with a courtesy?
                          4:13 PM - 17 Apr 2017
                          1,205 1,205 Retweets 1,029 1,029 likes

With a "courtesy"? Oh man. What dicks. They really think The Commoners will just fall over themselves to make ESPN revenue, in exchange for "a courtesy."

Enter Abdul, or as I call him, the Hero of a New Media Age.

17 Apr
                          ESPNAssignmentDesk ✔ @ESPNAssignDesk
                          @Advil Hello. May ESPN have permission to use this photo on all platforms with a courtesy?
                          Follow
                          abdul 🚀 ✔ @Advil
                          @ESPNAssignDesk after the witch hunt ESPN led against tom brady? absolutely the fuck not. in fact block me right now. go fuck yourselves.
                          4:14 PM - 17 Apr 2017
                          7,144 7,144 Retweets 20,543 20,543 likes

He then went on to permit other outlets to use his photo -- just not ESPN.

17 Apr
                          SB Nation ✔ @SBNation
                          @Advil Hi there! Could we use your image across SB Nation platforms with credit to you everywhere? Thanks!
                          Follow
                          abdul 🚀 ✔ @Advil
                          @SBNation i don't give a shit just don't let @espn use it those fuckers led a witch hunt against tom brady

Then he continued letting people not called "ESPN" use it, but realized he could make demands:

17 Apr
                          Russell WESbrook @SPORTS_Guru88
                          @Advil Hi... I work with Good Morning Football on NFL Network.. do we have permission to use this tweet?
                          Follow
                          abdul 🚀 ✔ @Advil
                          @SPORTS_Guru88 yea sure but only on the condition that that you reference me as “Abdul Dremali: super famous scientist”

Sports Center did wind up blocking him:

Obviously, this super famous scientist did not tell ESPN to fuck off out of what we'd call a political motive (though he was talking about bias, I guess).

But for whatever reason, he told the Corporate Media that he was not impressed by their prestige, he did not covet their "courtesy," and they could not have an inch of his aid.

And that's good.

Comment

I'd make all the networks pay. Screw'em.

Comment

Working...
                            X