Enemy territory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enemy territory

We're not the only team getting better-friekin douc bags.

Odell Beckham believes Giants' wideouts will be 'a lot of trouble' for defenses

The Giants' receiving corps generated a substantial amount of buzz prior to last season, but the trio of Odell Beckham Jr., Victor Cruz and Sterling Shepard was not as productive as expected for many reasons.

The hype is back, though, this summer, James Kratch of the Newark Star-Ledger reports.

Brandon Marshall has replaced Cruz, Beckham is Beckham, Shepard is coming off a sensational offseason program and Tavarres King has established himself as a fourth target after his strong finish in 2016. There's a strong belief this year's group, with first-round pick and tight end Evan Engram also in the mix, will be improved and live up to expectations this time around.

Beckham can't wait to see how it works.

"I'm really looking forward to seeing what teams are going to do this year. I think it's going to be a lot of trouble," Beckham said Saturday at his second Citi Odell Beckham Jr. Football Pro Camp. "Especially young Shep, I know he's ready. I know the other receivers in that room, TK, are ready and our defense is going to be very solid as well. So I'm looking forward to this year."
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Alshon Jeffery read this, shook his head, and stuck the story on the bulletin board before returning to making one-handed catches at the Juggs machine.

Comment

The giants certainly have a good group on paper. Let's see what happens and give an evaluation in Jan. My guess is the birds group is pretty good
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

I just remember how they ran all over us but somehow won the game last December (sweet wasn't it!!!). I hate those bastards. With a declining Eli I'm thinking they could take a step backwards this season. They really do have a good team though damn it.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Those WRs have the potential to be very very good as a unit and Eli is Eli (hot or cold). However, rb and o-line are either mediocre or unproven. Mix in historically weak playcalling and I'm not convinced the Giants will be dramatically better on offense than last year.

Comment

Working...
          X