OT Philly.com's autoplay videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Philly.com's autoplay videos

This is my main source of Philly news since I was banished to the outer-lands of the DC beltway.

They started an obnoxious auto-play video a couple of months ago. I complained and they "fixed" the problem by only having auto-play for ads.

I just sent them feedback to tell them that I'm going elsewhere for my Philly news.

If anyone else feels this way please send them feedback at http://www.philly.com/philly/about/feedback/

Thanks!

Originally posted by Green With Envy View Post
    This is my main source of Philly news since I was banished to the outer-lands of the DC beltway.

They started an obnoxious auto-play video a couple of months ago. I complained and they "fixed" the problem by only having auto-play for ads.

I just sent them feedback to tell them that I'm going elsewhere for my Philly news.

If anyone else feels this way please send them feedback at http://www.philly.com/philly/about/feedback/

Thanks!
    Thanks for the link GWE, I also am boycotting this unreasonable obnoxiousness, and haven't gone back to philly.com for a week or two now.

Comment

I realize they need revenue but the less obnoxious way to do autorun videos is to turn the sound off by default.

maybe you shoudl start a petition, gwe?

petitiononline.com

Comment

They just need a couple of email and they'll cave in. You in?

Comment

Originally posted by Green With Envy View Post
          They just need a couple of email and they'll cave in. You in?
          I've already sent them an email.

Comment

Sent an email. Awful. For like a week I kept getting some rock music ad. I had enough.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

E-Mail Sent!

Comment

you know, it would be nice if people were to repost the philly.com articles here so others can avoid the autoplay....

Comment

Another board that I post on for MMA talk, actually has it as part of their ToS that it is required to post the article in a quote box with a link at the bottom.
                  Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                  X