Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maclin??

What's the deal, anybody know?

Only that they posted that he was out due to his foot. One would have to assume that he aggravated his foot injury. Maybe it's something different with the foot? Regardless, it's not good.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

It's the foot. He won't return. It sounds like it must've been quite a "reaggravation" for him to go from fine to play to carted off the field.

Comment

Plantar Fascitis aggrevation. Really painful injury. He could be out for the rest of the year if its that bad.

Comment

that's a killer. we need curtis healthy if he can't go again.

Comment

Fascial tear, will miss a week or two:

Eagles Notebook: Eagles' Maclin suffers foot injury, could miss a week or 2
            By LES BOWEN
            Philadelphia Daily News

[email protected]

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - Eagles wide receiver Jeremy Maclin tore the plantar fascia in his left foot in the second quarter and could miss next week's game against San Francisco.

"That's a week or 2 injury," coach Andy Reid said. "We'll see how he does here as we go, but he'll be fine."

"Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I find it remarkable that you can tear something in your foot and only be out up to 2 weeks.

Comment

I had plantar fascitits my senior year in college. Felt something pop in my right foot leading a fast break against St. Marys of MD. Hurt bad the next morning, had to do a number of stretches and iced it every day. Took 5 months to get back to normal.

If it's bad, they'll give him a cortisone shot as well.

Comment

Ugh.......5 months? I mean, Rick Burkholder once said, "Normal humans take a certain amount of time to heal......but pro football players aren't normal humans." Still.....5 months? Time to get Curtis back out there....
                  "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                  — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                  - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
                    Ugh.......5 months? I mean, Rick Burkholder once said, "Normal humans take a certain amount of time to heal......but pro football players aren't normal humans." Still.....5 months? Time to get Curtis back out there....
                    Are you calling LG a normal human?

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                      I find it remarkable that you can tear something in your foot and only be out up to 2 weeks.

I think it's BS. Maybe Big Red just trying to help the kid feel better about things, he was supposedly in tears leaving the sideline.
                      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I would be very surprised if it was two weeks

I'm more human than human baby.

Comment

Maclins tears may not have been about pain, but more just frustration. Huge game to have to leave. Hopefully this is a minor setback. With some of the challenges ahead of us, and the points some of these teams can put up, we want all of the offensive weapons we can have. Good luck, JMac.
                          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Won't give up hope till I hear from the Doc's.

Comment

Working...
                            X