X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JRoll signs for 3 years $33 MM

With a 4th year vesting option.

Good job rube

Yea, I like him and wanted him to stay. My only concern is whether he can stay healthy for a few years
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Rube got the deal the team needed. I'm satisfied, if not really happy. This O needed an upgrade, but at least they didn't regress.
      www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

The silver lining with the "O" is that we have Pence for a full year, the platoon of Mayberry and Nix/Dom Brown or whomever should outperform Ibanez and a hopefully healthier Utley should really add to the lineup.

Comment

Plus we got a definite upgrade with Thome over Gload off the bench.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Good deal for the Phillies. For once, RAJ waits out the market instead of jumping in early. Glad to have J-Roll back.
            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
              The silver lining with the "O" is that we have Pence for a full year, the platoon of Mayberry and Nix/Dom Brown or whomever should outperform Ibanez and a hopefully healthier Utley should really add to the lineup.
              Steve, I wanted to post something about having Pence in the lineup for a full season. He projects to 33 hr and 105 rbi in a full season.He will also score a bunch of runs with his .300 ish BA.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                Steve, I wanted to post something about having Pence in the lineup for a full season. He projects to 33 hr and 105 rbi in a full season.He will also score a bunch of runs with his .300 ish BA.
                I'm not a Pence believer. He can be pitched to, particularly in key situations, IMO. He dives out over the plate chasing breaking balls low and away, just like Juan Samuel used to. Then, he's an easy out with hard stuff up and in.

He'll get his hits in the regular season when pitchers aren't on top of their game as much. But in the crunch, I didn't see much from Pence last year that made me think he is going to help revive this offense.
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Pence is still only 28 years old. I think Cholly can have an effect on his approach. heck - his OBP jumped when he got here and I'll take that OPS+ any time. He's a definite upgrade in this offense that will show results over the course of the year.

Comment

Working...
                  X