Bullpen Rounding Into Shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullpen Rounding Into Shape

Phils sign Chad Qualls for 1 year at 1.15 mil. His #s at the bank aren't all that good,but he takes the ball everyday and has the most appearances in the majors over the last 5 years.Bye bye Jose.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

This year's Danys Baez. At least he didn't get two years.

Qualls used to be good, now he sucks. This signing tells me that Ed Wade is definitely back.

Why they just don't hand the ball to the kids -- Stutes, Aumont, DeFratus, etc. -- is beyond me. Bullpen depth is a big strength of the minor league system at the top levels.

This is a total waste of guaranteed money for a team that has very little flexibility with its payroll, IMO.
    Last edited by Leonard Tose; 02-01-2012, 09:48 AM.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I'd agree. I can only hope that they saw Qualls' velocity come back the last 2 months of last year and think he has something left in the tank. He also seems to have a rubber arm which may eat innings in non-leverage type situations.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
        I'd agree. I can only hope that they saw Qualls' velocity come back the last 2 months of last year and think he has something left in the tank. He also seems to have a rubber arm which may eat innings in non-leverage type situations.
        this
        Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Working...
        X