Winter Meetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Meetings

Let's see if Amaro does anything at the Winter Meetings.

I want the Phils to sell, I just don't want that silly fuck in charge of the sale. I can't believe that he is still in charge.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Mistake - These are NOT the Winter Meetings. They are the GM Meetings. DUMB.

Yeah - Amaro is STILL in charge. Amazing.

Comment

Need to unload Amaro and buy---buy someone to run a minor league program that can produce major league players and buy someone to run the major league program.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Welcome John.

Phillies need to work on youth, and the minor league system. The club itself isn't going anywhere till they fix those problems.

Not just Amaro--- I have no faith that anybody in the organization can truly read talent anymore.

Comment

They are supposedly trying to sign a Cuban power hitting outfielder.

Comment

They and everyone else. I saw today where Kansas City may be willing to give a bag of leftover World Series baseballs to take Ryan Howard off the Phils hands if the Phils want to pay his salary.
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by John S View Post
                They are supposedly trying to sign a Cuban power hitting outfielder.
                fucking guy is 24ish and makes Howard look like he is skinny, add in a reported 100 mil pricetag and I'm not sure you want him. He is also ONLY a hitter without a position, let him go to a DH team IMO
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by nodakiggle` View Post
                  they and everyone else. I saw today where kansas city may be willing to give a bag of leftover world series baseballs to take ryan howard off the phils hands if the phils want to pay his salary.

sold!

Comment

Tomas signs for 6 yrs 68 mil, that is a deal the Phils could have handled, even for a guy who can't play defense

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                      Tomas signs for 6 yrs 68 mil, that is a deal the Phils could have handled, even for a guy who can't play defense
                      After rockin out all those long term high dollar5 deals--- I'm thinking the Phils are a bit gunshy. Just a guess.

I mean they HAVE the money (well whatever that amount is after Howard).

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                        After rockin out all those long term high dollar5 deals--- I'm thinking the Phils are a bit gunshy. Just a guess.

I mean they HAVE the money (well whatever that amount is after Howard).
                        if you want to put asses in the seats , start with someone who hits it a mile

Comment

I guess I am okay with not getting him. The birds need a plan. One guy isn't going to fix their problems
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                            if you want to put asses in the seats , start with someone who hits it a mile
                            I would agree if this was the 1950's. C'mon MM, you know as well as I do that the Phils money comes from TV, not with seats being filled.

They know that W's and W's alone will fill the seats, but that is secondary to the TV Bucks!!

Comment

However, the TV boys like to see asses in the seats. Not the #1 essential but they won't like 12k fans on the screen. But the Phils already have the contract; they just need to be filling seats when the next contract comes up
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X