Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington has become 'The Next Hot Thing'.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
    Yeah, we are witnessing a change in the balance of power in the nfc, it seems. Seattle and GB are simp,y not dominant. Are Carolina and Zona the new super powers? Or is the NFC simply wide open? For us, that's a good thing.
    Something did happen to Green Bay this year on offense. Their defense isn't all that great, so they need their offense -- and Rodgers was on a roll, and then all of a sudden they started struggling. Seems weird but maybe a defense found the key given their injuries and maybe they haven't adjusted. Or Rodgers just isn't playing quite as well. It's odd.

Seattle though... ended the season on an absolute roll, looking like the best team in the NFC. They had six losses this year, and in five of them they had 4th quarter leads, so they weren't that far off early. Something clicked near the end, and they could easily ride that all the way. Today's game had temperatures below zero Fahrenheit which seemed to really mess with both offenses -- not much going on there. They got extremely lucky to advance (yet again) but they advanced, and Arizona or Carolina won't have the weather challenges.

Obviously yes, Cardinals or Panthers could also win it all. I'm not sure I completely believe in Carolina totally yet if faced with adversity, but in many games that defense can make sure adversity never really happens.

Comment

Looks like the Skins are remembering who they really are?

This could be crazy..........are all four road teams gong to win this weekend?
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Yes. I think so. Better QBs always win in playoffs.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

GB is gonna win this game....but I am still not impressed. Seattle got lucky as hell, but they have a better chance of just turning it on here in the playoffs, Imo. I am coming to the conclusion that this league is just so watered down and mediocre.........which means we can get back into the hunt with just a few good moves. Let's start with a good coaching hire.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

GB is gonna win this game....but I am still not impressed. Seattle got lucky as hell, but they have a better chance of just turning it on here in the playoffs, Imo. I am coming to the conclusion that this league is just so watered down and mediocre.........which means we can get back into the hunt with just a few good moves. Let's start with a good coaching hire.
            When Lacy is healthy GB is a different team.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

It's always good when Washington fans get cocky...as they were in the first half when the Pack looked like crap and Wash looked ready to humiliate them...and then get their hopes dashed.

That said, they've got some very decent players on both sides of the ball and a GM in Scott McCloughan who can actually evaluate talent, unlike whoever has been trying to accomplish that feat for the Birds recently.

Comment

Kirk Cousins is very average but they are gonna pay him like he isn't.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

That's the cool part. The Skins are in aposition where they are likely to have to commit significant resources to Kirk Cousins now. And altho he seems to play like an all pro against the Birds, Cousins is nothing special.

On the flip....the Birds could be in the same, or even worse situation with Bradford......

Comment

That's the cool part. The Skins are in aposition where they are likely to have to commit significant resources to Kirk Cousins now. And altho he seems to play like an all pro against the Birds, Cousins is nothing special.

On the flip....the Birds could be in the same, or even worse situation with Bradford......
                    Yup.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                      What about Dom Capers as head coach?
                      I thought about that as well. What's interesting is I have never heard his name mentioned with any openings so I wonder if he is content in Green Bay.

I know he couldn't get things done in Texas after they became a new franchise but, as has been evident, that franchise has never been able to do anything.

Comment

I'm so happy the Skins lost. I am also happy that Cousins played well enough to justify Danny Boy throwing a boatload of money at him killing their cap AGAIN! The Skins won division that was just awful. They had no wins against winning teams at all this year. NONE! But its Washington and they will do something stupid. The NFC East is as about as wide open as it has ever been. The coach/QB combo could get the Eagles back to the top.

Comment

I kinda wanted to see the Skins do well......just so that I could perhaps delude myself into thinking the the NFC Least was not the absolute sewer that it is. GB is not great, but once tehy decided tha tthey actually wnated to play, they manhandled the Skins.....who handled US pretty damned well. Depressing.

Comment

I still feel like the Redskins will never amount to shit as long as Snyder owns that team. He'll find a way to screw it up.

Comment

Working...
                            X