Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another example where poor charactor comes into play

Cowboys' Mincey: Tension grew around Hardy

Cowboys DE Jeremy Mincey had the locker next to Greg Hardy in 2015 and shared a meeting room with him during the season, so his perspective on the Dallas Cowboys defensive end is different than most, Todd Archer of ESPN Dallas reports.

Speaking on KDFW-TV on Sunday, Mincey said tension grew around Hardy as the season wore on.

"I hate [that] it happened. You talk about a team that was so close knit and tight, and all of a sudden it was just different," Mincey said. "I wouldn't say that he's the reason for that happening, but sometimes change, sometimes if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You know what I mean? And sometimes with change, the team is different. Regardless of how great this athlete is and regardless of this and that, if they're not mentally on the same page, you're not going to get the same results."

In November, Hardy met with owner and general manager Jerry Jones after he was late to a number of meetings. Despite the warnings, Hardy never lost his starting spot or playing time. He finished the season with six sacks and earned roughly $8.8 million on the one-year deal he signed last March.

"He sits right beside me, so he's welcomed every day, you know what I mean? I have to deal with him, and being that you have to deal with him, I grew accustomed to a misunderstood person and I got to know him a little better than a lot of people did," Mincey said. "It was tough. It was tough. You know, you got this guy, who you want to be a leader, and then you got that guy. It was just too much."

Mincey said it would be difficult to bring Hardy back in 2016 for locker room purposes.

"I think it will be good for the younger guys, which I don't know how they feel about him personally, I mean I haven't spoke to them or asked," Mincey said. "It would be me or him, you see what I'm saying? Like, you could have either or. It's hard to have two type of line mentality guys in one room, so it's tough to figure out who the younger guys are going to follow. Of course they're going to look up to a guy who's a prolific player. But I just understand the game, and I know what it takes to win."
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Mincey better shut up. Skelator already declared Hardy a team leader.

Comment

Don't you change a thing Jerry, we appreciate the fact you ruin your team on a yearly basis
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        Don't you change a thing Jerry, we appreciate the fact you ruin your team on a yearly basis
        God bless his black heart.

Comment

Working...
        X