Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't wait for him to run

https://www.facebook.com/eaglesfancl...4937165632018/
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

I've got the feeling that the only time that we'll see him is in exhibition games.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

IMO not a chance that we don't see him. You don't trade up for someone you don't put in your game plan . He is gonna make some people look silly. I believe he will get 7-12 touches a game. If they can save Sproles from a ton of touches and look like they are headed in the right direction, maybe Darin hangs around another season.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        IMO not a chance that we don't see him. You don't trade up for someone you don't put in your game plan . He is gonna make some people look silly. I believe he will get 7-12 touches a game. If they can save Sproles from a ton of touches and look like they are headed in the right direction, maybe Darin hangs around another season.
        Maybe MM. With Blount, Sproles and Smallwood around that doesn't leave a whole lot of touches for him. I think that he's going to more of a Sproles replacement more than anything else. Of course if he really lights it up in preseason that could change. The preseason will be fun watching all of these new guys on offense, and that includes the vets that we brought in.

Comment

Decisions will be made, I think they will be dropping some folks after the competition of camp. We are all looking like this is a bad thing. I want tough decisions. I want teams to be waiting for our cuts. When you get to that point, you are on your way IMO

Comment

I don't think Sproles is going anywhere. Healthy competition and a strong rotation works for me. It's a long season. Duce Staley seems to be a good guy to have as their position coach. He can relate to those guys. Rotate the guys, keep the wear and tear down, and keep them fresher for the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
              I don't think Sproles is going anywhere. Healthy competition and a strong rotation works for me. It's a long season. Duce Staley seems to be a good guy to have as their position coach. He can relate to those guys. Rotate the guys, keep the wear and tear down, and keep them fresher for the stretch.
              I don't think Sproles is going anywhere

I think (know) it's Sproles' last year and I sure don't see his roll decreasing. He's still one of the all time playmakers in the history of the game and he might even be a better pass blocker than all of the other backs on the team including Blount. But it's true that it's a long season and guys get beat up so I think that Pumphrey
              will get his shots but I don't see him as a major contributor this season, at least early on.

Comment

Smallwood has shown a little but he isn't an kind of lock IMO. Blount and Sproles are. Pumphrey and LittleDick will compete for carries
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  I don't think Sproles is going anywhere

I think (know) it's Sproles' last year and I sure don't see his roll decreasing. He's still one of the all time playmakers in the history of the game and he might even be a better pass blocker than all of the other backs on the team including Blount. But it's true that it's a long season and guys get beat up so I think that Pumphrey
                  will get his shots but I don't see him as a major contributor this season, at least early on.
                  Pumphrey needs a good amount of touches this season. If this really is Sproals last year I want him to be teaching and mentoring Pumphrey after every one of his carries. Next year Donnel to have enough confidence and experience to make us forget Sprouls retired.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                    Pumphrey needs a good amount of touches this season. If this really is Sproals last year I want him to be teaching and mentoring Pumphrey after every one of his carries. Next year Donnel to have enough confidence and experience to make us forget Sprouls retired.
                    That's true Juk, but I'm thinking that every time that he gets in the game at RB you are exposing Wentz if he doesn't get the ball. He'll draw a ton of attention because the other team will know that he's getting the ball. That's not true with Sproles because he handles the blocking part of his game very well. I don't think a little 175 pounder can do that.

Comment

Bump.

Eagles are working on two back sets with Pumphrey and Sproles in the backfield. That's going to create mismatches for sure.

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphi...-their-offense

Comment

Bump.

Eagles are working on two back sets with Pumphrey and Sproles in the backfield. That's going to create mismatches for sure.

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphi...-their-offense
                        Really looking forward to seeing Pumps!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          Really looking forward to seeing Pumps!
                          It's going to be interesting. How much of an impact can such a small dude make? He's smaller than Sproles. But, he's got a proven track record in college despite his size, and they are definitely going to give him an opportunity to work his way on the field.

Comment

It's going to be interesting. How much of an impact can such a small dude make? He's smaller than Sproles. But, he's got a proven track record in college despite his size, and they are definitely going to give him an opportunity to work his way on the field.
                            I've seen Dexter McCluster take over games in the past when he was in KC. I hope Pumps is that kind of player!

Comment

It will be interesting. Does Pumphrey fit in this year? How about Smallwood? Is Blount willing to be the big back in front of Pumphrey, for example, so you don't need a DLineman to be fullback in short yardage situations? I can't believe there is any place for a fullback if you are carrying all your RBs.
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X