No announcement yet.

What an opportunity !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh, I could easily argue that this Giants team is basically the same team that struggled to beat us last year, with half our starters out, and no McNabb.

Comment

Put it this way, I don't feel better or worst about this game than before Sunday.

I still believe the Eagles are going to win, and the reasons that I believe so haven't changed because of Sunday's win.

The key is to run the ball between their DTs. Our interior line has to dominate, as their DL is probably weak inside.If we establish the run early, watch for the playaction all the time, Arrington is perhaps one of the worst LBs in buying that.
      "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
        1 - We play at home (Huge advantage)
        I agree w/ all of your list except for the HFA thing. In-division games, the teams are so familiar w/ each other and so used to playing in those stadiums and the travel is so short that i don't think that matters too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
          It is very early, but the Cowboys, VaGiants and Foreskins all showed some glaring weaknesses in their games IMO....

The Eagles played a worse team for sure and showed some mistakes too, but I am certainly more confident than I was several weeks ago....

I'm not sure that the Texans are worse than the Vikings but certainly they are worse than the jags and colts

Comment

I'm thinking we win this game as long as McNabb and Akers prove to be more clutch than Manning and Jay Feeley. I believe like the Colts game it's going to come down to the 4th quarter and a lot of ugly field position battles.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofthegame76
              Put it this way, I don't feel better or worst about this game than before Sunday.

I still believe the Eagles are going to win, and the reasons that I believe so haven't changed because of Sunday's win.

The key is to run the ball between their DTs. Our interior line has to dominate, as their DL is probably weak inside.If we establish the run early, watch for the playaction all the time, Arrington is perhaps one of the worst LBs in buying that.
              i agree with this. the giants have spent high draft picks on DE's the last few years, but have neglected the DT position. a healthy dose of buckhalter between the tackles will do wonders.

on defense, they're not going to shut tiki down. they never do. but if they can keep him at 120 yards or so of total offense and get good pressure on manning, they will be in good shape, IMO.
              Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

JJ is JJ. He will contain Tiki and play his secondary in front of the receivers early in hopes that he can find a way to get the front four to Eli. Once we get in the red zone, he will trust his secondary to handle the short field while he sends the house. This will be a run blitz type of package and zone blitzes. We will find out just how much we can keep Shockey from hurting our backers during these blitzes. So far they did well in this area against a pretty good Carr.
                I think they can do it against a weak interior.

On O, we will always have a chance with Westy and Donny. DM IS a top QB in this league. HE WILL lead this team in difficult games. I really believe this. We now have a very good O line that I believe can move the ball against any D. I say this with confidence after watching the clips...over and over, while looking at each player on the line during the same plays. I was blown away with how well this group manhandled the Texans. EVERY LINEMAN had good blocks on many of the plays. Even LJ had really nice blocks.

I mean, everyone is talking about the blocks by Tapeh and Andrews on the Westy TD, but after watching it closely, the best blocker on the play was Jackson. He stood his DT up off the snap which kept him out of the play, he then slid to the 2nd level and dove in front of the linebacker in front of him, also slowing him enough to keep him out. But, he dove far enough to also get to the legs of another backer, who had to jump over him and was seen barely out of the play. He kept three people from getting to the outside.

I'm sure we can find some bad plays too, but I saw so many good blocks by him and the entire line that I am noooo longer worried about this line. I saw Herremans drive the tackle ten yards down field and pancake him right next to Andrews who was pacaking his guy. Yeah, a double pancake ten yards down field during a big run.
                And of course Thomas can move a DE, but Runyan was destroying anyone who got near him. I know Big Jon is salavating right now, knowing he is going to get to run straight at Strahan for four quarters next week. He is going to make up for some lost time of pass blocking against gap tooth.

Anyway, this post could go in a thread about our O line, but I think it is a very good reason for why I think we are going to win this game.
                Pedro

Comment

One huge advantage is that McNabb is by far the best QB in this division. If Manning gets it together the Gints O will be killer. Here's to JJ finding a way to put some severe hits on Manning while still controlling the Gints awesome ground game. Pressure = a win, no pressure and I don't think we have a shot unless Manning is just flat out awful. The Gints D can be had and we'll score some points, the trick is to out score the Gints O..
                  Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Working...
                  X