Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eagles BEST 1st Round Pick of Reid Era (not including McNabb)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles BEST 1st Round Pick of Reid Era (not including McNabb)

Thought this might be a much more interesting poll.
    2000 - Corey Simon
    12.50%
    2001 - Freddie Mitchell
    0.00%
    2002 - Lito Sheppard
    12.50%
    2003 - Jerome McDougle
    0.00%
    2004 - Shawn Andrews
    25.00%
    2005 - Mike Patterson
    12.50%
    2006 - Brodrick Bunkley
    0.00%
    2009 - Jeremy Maclin
    31.25%
    2010 - Brandon Graham
    0.00%
    2011 - Danny Watkins
    6.25%

I took Andrews. He started out like a beast. Who knew what he'd end up being like?

Comment

I took Maclin. It might be a bit early, but my prediction is he contributes more to this team than anyone else up there by the time he is done.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I'm predicting Watkins,the other 3 left on the Eagles are only avg players.If Maclin played every week it might be different. Lito was good,but I think Watkins has a chance to be elite.By the way, Maclin,catch the GD Ball
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I went with Lito.

Comment

I picked Patterson. Dude has been the starting DT since 2005. Nobody else has that kind of longevity on the list.

Comment

I picked Maclin, because we never expected to get a player of his caliber in the draft and we only gave up a 6th round pick to move up to get him!
              "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Shawn Andrews was a beast on the field. An all pro. He lost it up top and that isn't AR's fault. He should have been an anchor for a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                  Shawn Andrews was a beast on the field. An all pro. He lost it up top and that isn't AR's fault. He should have been an anchor for a decade.
                  My thoughts and vote.
                  www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Just to be contrarian Corey Simon. After we got him, we were drafting in the later parts of the round (trades notwithstanding) anyway for a number of years. He gave us quite a few damn good seasons, plus his first NFL play was that monster sack of Troy Aikman.
                    I dont think we can say now how well the last 2 or 3 years 1sts will do.
                    Last edited by FearTheDawk; 11-25-2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

This list is only slightly better than the 2nd round list. I say Simon was the best, but that is not saying much. Maclin could be over time. Graham and Watkins go the way of Bunkley.
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                        I voted Simon for similar reasoning. He was terrific for a while, then took longer and longer into the season before he got into shape and got effective. We cut bait at the right time, thankfully, but he should have been a great player for much longer.

But I can completely understand votes for Andrews and Maclin.

Comment

Working...
                        X