Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Kolb Hype Machine Cranking (I like this)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevemc View Post
    except EE we are holding the Cards (no pun intended) in this one. If he says "no", he plays out '11 & '12 and below market value with no long term security of a signing bonus. It's very much like the young guy scenario you painted earlier. His agent may not like it but it's the best they are going to get unless they hold out. Remember, dude has only been in the league for 3 years. A long term extension after 3 years is gold to these guys (and something DJax wishes he had).

If you read Don Banks over at cnnsi.com, he would have you believe that Arizona has the leverage because they were patient and waited for Seattle to go away: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a3

I don't get that. There are still other teams that need QB's. The Eagles could just opt to keep Kolb and have a strong backup and sign a guy like Jonathan Joseph to be the CB. As long as a guy like Joseph is still on the market, I believe the Eagles still have leverage here.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

• Kolb's first game as a Cardinal...

Kevin Kolb completed 4-of-7 passes for 68 yards in the Cardinals' preseason opener Thursday night.

Kolb got 41 of his yards on a bomb to Larry Fitzgerald down the left sideline with rookie Demarcus Van Dyke in coverage. Fitz made a sensational catch, securing the football against his facemask. Aside from that connection Kolb was ordinary, managing a 4.5 YPA.

Comment

Working...
      X