DJax -- Should he just STFU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJax -- Should he just STFU?

Now besides the McNabb stuff I'm hearing stuff about Jackson saying Morninweg called out for "questioning his toughness " whenb he had his concussion.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Jackson: Mornhinweg questioned my toughness after concussion

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 11, 2010 3:47 PM ET
    Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson says that after he suffered a concussion during the 2009 season, offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg questioned his toughness and pressured him to return to the field.

"I can remember we went up to New York [Week 14] - that was a huge game for us," Jackson told Sporting News. "The week before, [the Giants had] beaten Dallas and I didn't play [at Atlanta] because I had a concussion. It was iffy if I'd come back and play. Our offensive coordinator, Marty Mornhinweg, said some things, trying to question my toughness. I was like, 'Coach, I just got a concussion. This [is] my brain. If it's anything else, my shoulder, whatever, I'm going to play.'"
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-concussion/

Hard to say he should just STFU about THIS one....if it is in fact true. Because this is some serious stuff here. If true, the league should step in and say something. Marty should be reprimanded.

I have made my feeling pretty clear about concussions with players in the past, and I think it's something that has been swept under the rug for far too long. So no, don't STFU about this. The only thing Desean is doing wrong in my mind with this is either he is A) lying, or B) telling it to the wrong person.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

b) telling the wrong person.

Comment

Agree, it's (b). That said, we really don't know the full context of the quote or the situation in which it occurred.

In general though, I haven't really found anything wrong with anything that Desean has said. Most of it is bravado or trying to build up confidence, and I really don't have a problem with a player of this caliber saying anything like that. I don't love it, but I really don't care unless he starts blatantly throwing people under the bus or deflecting blame.

Comment

Guess I see it as something that he should have brought up at the time to the league--- not in the media a year later.

Guess I'm just getting tired of hearing shit that I really shouldn't be privy to. This should all be internal, IMM, till a resolution has been found.

Has he reported it to the league yet? If not he needs to STFU, IMO.

If Djax is gonna be our team spokesman, we are in trouble from a PR standpoint.

Comment

All that stuff that DJ has said in the offseason that is supposed to be stirring up everyone is nothing. if anything, i'm more pissed off about his "we gonna sting they ass" comment from last year.

Comment

If this is the way the coaches are acting they deserve to be called out on it. This is a guys life. But if he was cleared to play and took extra time off because he was scared he needs to man up. If you want to make those big bucks you keep talking about you need to play when cleared.

I don't know which one it was so it's hard to make a judgment either way.

But DJ has a big mouth. It's just something that comes with the package.
              FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Can't believe he wasn't cleared to play and they then forced him out there, sorry not buying that one.

Comment

Another tempest in a teapot. Why give it more attention than it deserves?
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                    Can't believe he wasn't cleared to play and they then forced him out there, sorry not buying that one.

I didn't see where anyone said they forced him to play.
                    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Team needs more controversy like they need a hole in the head. Man, I wish the media would report on games and scores not entertainment tonight crap.
                      As for Marty, if he did pressure him the league will beat him up. Concussions aren't taken lightly these days. But Jackson needs to say something to Andy or Lurie or the league not the papers.
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                        Team needs more controversy like they need a hole in the head. Man, I wish the media would report on games and scores not entertainment tonight crap.

This will only happen when the fans have had enough(which doesn't appear close to happening) or the players need to just STFU (which doesn't appear close to happening either).

It's $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (I think I may have mentioned this a few times over the years)

Comment

Working...
                        X