Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here come the rumors....Reid in Dallas!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here come the rumors....Reid in Dallas!?!?

You knew they would start at some point...Apparently Eckel has a 'source' saying that Reid would like to coach Dallas, if Garrett is fired. lol....It may be true, but one headline I just saw, it said "reid wants to coach Dallas" or something like that. Yet when you read the story, obviously there is no quote from Reid, just speculation from Eckel that he 'heard' from a source that Reid would want to go there....wtf....These guys piss me off with this stuff. Unless you hear from the guy, zip it!!

One other thing, kinda related....I hate f'n twitter. First, it's everywhere...I turn on discovery channel or some shit, I have to read twitter comments about whatever I'm watching. I'm sick of it....This ties into my orignal point above about Reid. These guys are in such competition to be the first to 'tweet' some news, do they ever really check into something or they just want to be the first to have it out there, then if it's true, they look great. They all tweet the same shit all the time....And another thing, if two people are talking back and forth, you have to read backwards, from the bottom- up....wtf is that?.....Sorry, for the rant, it just hit me as I was typing about Reid. Almost game time, GO BIRDS!!!!
    Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Andy really needs to be in a state that's famous for Barbeque
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

After putting up with the Weasel and Ferrot these last 14 years, I can't see him dealing with plastic face. He'd be up over 400 lbs his first month.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Come on vin what is this? I can only post 9 of these? I want a whole screen full of them!
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Eckel's a hack.
            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

This would make me jump for joy (Reid to Cowboys)

Pure speculation but I would be all if Andy Reid went to the Cowboys. I'd be so frigging happy to watch them blow timeouts, fuck up the end of games with bad clock management, and see Marty M over there throwing 70 times a game.

Judging by Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie's comments after the team finished 8-8 last season, Andy Reid's tenure as head coach will likely end within the next month or two.

The only question is what Reid will do next. Reid could take the year off and collect money for the final year of his deal. Or he could pick himself back up, dust himself off and find another coaching gig.

Well, a source tells The Times of Trenton's Mark Eckel that Reid could be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Yes, the Dallas Cowboys. The deal would be contingent on the current Cowboys coach, Jason Garrett, being fired. More from Eckel:

According to an extremely reliable source, who is close to Reid, the long-time Eagles head coach could be the head coach of the archrival Cowboys next year.

Of course, that is all based on Reid being fired by the Eagles, which is expected, and Jason Garrett being let go by the Cowboys, which isn’t quite as sure, but certainly could happen if Dallas does not make the playoffs.

“I know a lot of people think Andy is going to San Diego next year, and I can see that happening,” the source said. “But I keep hearing Dallas. I think he can end up with the Cowboys. As a matter of fact, I think he will end up with the Cowboys, if Jason is fired.”

What do you think Reid will do if (when?) he is fired? How strange would it be to see an Andy Reid-led Cowboys team come to town to play the Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field?

Comment

U guys do realize he will go to Dallas and they will win a Super Bowl with him.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                  People said the same shit about Donnie.

I also just posted about this and will merge the two threads.

Comment

Yep. And a lot of Eagles fans probably deserve to have this happen. I am not talking about anybody on this board. But, some of the abuse given to Andy on some of the more public forums is just disgusting. The ultimate "finger" to Philly fans would be Andy going to Dallas.

Comment

Andy will be giving those girls some of that pickle juice before eachhome game--they will be unstoppable
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                        People said the same shit about Donnie.

I also just posted about this and will merge the two threads.

the difference here Vin is that Jer-uh ultimately calls the shots and he would demand a balanced attack and not throwing the ball 5,000 times each game. That's the key to our losses of late - no balance and simple game plans
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

That's Negadelphian thinking! Andy Reid will never win a Super Bowl no matter where he goes.
                          "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

It's speculation or it's Reid's agent who has been known to throw shit like this out there.

Comment

Working...
                            X