If Roseman resumes the Gm role...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Roseman resumes the Gm role...

the Eagles are still unlikely to become a top team IMO. Let's remember, the brown nosing, no-football-background eager beaver wanabe had a major hand in some of the awful picks/moves the Birds made the last couple years before Kelly became the the 'NonGM' GM last year.

Lurie has demonstrated some balls in firing or forcing Kelly to resign before the season ended. I don't want to see him weaken now and bring Hungry Howie as the head personnel man.

Replacing one poor evaluator of talent with another will leave we fans fucked again.

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
    the Eagles are still unlikely to become a top team IMO. Let's remember, the brown nosing, no-football-background eager beaver wanabe had a major hand in some of the awful picks/moves the Birds made the last couple years before Kelly became the the 'NonGM' GM last year.

Lurie has demonstrated some balls in firing or forcing Kelly to resign before the season ended. I don't want to see him weaken now and bring Hungry Howie as the head personnel man.

Replacing one poor evaluator of talent with another will leave we fans fucked again.
    I totally agree. As someone said, Donahoe is a good man that knows the game, and they need to listen to him.

Comment

I don't think Lurie will bring back Roseman into that role. The fact that he stated that Donahoe will assume the role of Director of Player Personnel indicates that he has already circumscribed the duties of the front office. Roseman will probably just handle the business side of things.
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

why don't they go after Bill Polian, he won a SB once. just as in demand as a fired Donohue and piece of shit Roseman

Comment

They are going to bring in a GM from the outside that GM will report to Howie, which is fine
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I just hope whoever they bring in is a man. I doubt that this organization will ever thrive as long as that little power hungry backstabber is kept around. Lurie loves him and wants to keep him happy. Why?
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              I just hope whoever they bring in is a man. I doubt that this organization will ever thrive as long as that little power hungry backstabber is kept around. Lurie loves him and wants to keep him happy. Why?
              Because he isn't the little power hungry backstabber you make him out to be. Turns out Kelly might have been.

Now that this has all played out, last offseason I guarantee you that Kelly demanded personnel control or he was going to leave. He left Lurie no choice. However he respected Roseman as an executive and kept him on board as a hedge and Lurie was right. The biggest mistake that Lurie made was to let that tyrant piece of shit college coach Kelly to demand to him. Kelly got his and I will tell you this he will resurface as an offensive coordinator somewhere that wants a gimick circus for a few years. He will never be a head coach again and if he is then shame on the owner that hires him out of being desperate.

Comment

Howie did not draft Danny Fireman. AR did.

Howie was credited with the Cox and Kelce picks. If I remember right.

Marcus Smith could have been Chip or Howie.

I have zero problem with Howie being involved and a vocal member of a 2 or 3 man team that ales decisions together.

A lot of guys like Ron Wolf and Bill Polian were not football guys either but we're good at listening to advisers and scouts and pulling the trigger.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  Because he isn't the little power hungry backstabber you make him out to be. Turns out Kelly might have been.

Now that this has all played out, last offseason I guarantee you that Kelly demanded personnel control or he was going to leave. He left Lurie no choice. However he respected Roseman as an executive and kept him on board as a hedge and Lurie was right. The biggest mistake that Lurie made was to let that tyrant piece of shit college coach Kelly to demand to him. Kelly got his and I will tell you this he will resurface as an offensive coordinator somewhere that wants a gimick circus for a few years. He will never be a head coach again and if he is then shame on the owner that hires him out of being desperate.
                  I hope that you're right taz. Lurie might as well make him GM and get it over with and find out if he's any good. He's stated that's his lifelong dream. There won't be any harmony in the FO until that happens unless Howie worships the ground Donahue walks on which I highly doubt.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                    Howie did not draft Danny Fireman. AR did.

Howie was credited with the Cox and Kelce picks. If I remember right.

Marcus Smith could have been Chip or Howie.

I have zero problem with Howie being involved and a vocal member of a 2 or 3 man team that ales decisions together.

A lot of guys like Ron Wolf and Bill Polian were not football guys either but we're good at listening to advisers and scouts and pulling the trigger.
                    I think Smith should be credited to Roseman. However if you look that most teams only hit on 75% of their first round picks, the three that definetly were Howies, Cox, Johnson and Smith well that is close enough at 67%.
                    Roseman also brought in Ertz, Logan, Mathews. Watkins was another who was let go brought back and he looks like the player they drafted. Roseman also brought in Conner Barwin, Evan Mathis and Cedric Thornton as free agents/undrafted free agents.
                    Your not going to hit on every pick. In fact there have been several misses.

Overall Roseman is medicore but at this point I will take that over really bad piece of crap college coach Kelly

Comment

I'm not on board with Roseman but I think he gets bad pub sometimes for suff that was done by others. He was in charge of hiring when they picked up Chip so that doesn't bode well for him IMM.
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
                        why don't they go after Bill Polian, he won a SB once. just as in demand as a fired Donohue and piece of shit Roseman
                        I'd be on board with this.

Comment

Working...
                        X