X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Darby an Eagle?

Antwan Odom

@AntwanOdom98
    just announce it already @Eagles #Eagles resign @realronalddarby on 1 year 8.75 million dollar deal

5:56 PM - Mar 14, 2019
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Word is he failed his Chiefs physical which would make sense since he is only 6 months out from his ACL Surgery.

That said 8.75 for one year doesn't make much sense since there is a good chance he is not ready for the beginning of the year. Now a three year contract that averages 8.75 would be a good deal.

Either way I will believe it when it is officially announced
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

It's official now:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...ncy-news-rumor
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Howie overpaid on this one. 8.75 million for a corner who is not going to be ready for the start of the season doesn't sense unless Jalen Mills career is over. Which it very well might be. Word is he is still in a walking boot

Comment

Lots of overpayments this offseason, so maybe a one-year deal makes sense. Plus Howie seems to have discovered comp picks, so there goes another when Darby leaves next offseason.
          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

That's a hell of a lot of money for a guy that you don't know if he will even be able to play this year. I'm a big Darby fan but $8 1/2 million for a prove it deal?

Comment

Although many say Darby is our best corner I have never felt he was that good. Hopefully he is ready to play; I'd rather not go through another year where our 12th CB on the depth chart finds a starting role
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                Although many say Darby is our best corner I have never felt he was that good. Hopefully he is ready to play; I'd rather not go through another year where our 12th CB on the depth chart finds a starting role
                I hear ya ND. We did have some improved cb play down the stretch but we also got Jernigan back and he really made a difference in the pass rush. If Jackson comes as advertised the defense could really be special this year although we really could use a top linebacker. Maybe we'll get one in the draft or one of the kids just elevate their game.

Comment

Gowton on Darby

Brandon Lee Gowton

@BrandonGowton
                  Replying to @BrandonGowton
                  I’ve thought that the Eagles’ desire to bring Darby back really doesn’t reflect well on one of these two corners: Rasul Douglas or Sidney Jones.

And I don’t think it’s Douglas.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Brandon Lee Gowton

@BrandonGowton
                    Replying to @BrandonGowton
                    I’ve thought that the Eagles’ desire to bring Darby back really doesn’t reflect well on one of these two corners: Rasul Douglas or Sidney Jones.

And I don’t think it’s Douglas.
                    Ouch. My views on Jones haven't changed one iota
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/v...ck-in-the-fold
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                        Ouch. My views on Jones haven't changed one iota
                        and that may be one of their worst draft choices in this era IF it fails to pan out. Kid kinda looks like he plays scared. Maybe they can build him back up. Time will tell
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I'm on record as hating the pick at the time. The film that I saw of him wasn't very good when I saw him at Washington and he was hurt on top of that. I know that he was rated a first rounder and of course these guys know a hell of a lot more than I do. I don't think that we should have spent the big bucks on Darby either because he's hurt. Andy used to gamble all the time on guys coming back from injuries and got burned more than not on those. He used to say that injuries were part of the game but I don't really buy that when you're talking about any part of your legs.

Comment

Why are people bent out of shape on this deal? They still have plenty of cap room and you have a guy who could bounce back big time for us on a one year rental. They have depth at corner which is a must in this league now. I'm ecstatic to have Darby back.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                              Why are people bent out of shape on this deal? They still have plenty of cap room and you have a guy who could bounce back big time for us on a one year rental. They have depth at corner which is a must in this league now. I'm ecstatic to have Darby back.
                              Have to see the contract first. If he is totally healthy which he won't be for the first game he is a good player. Not great but good. He will be worth the 8.5 million (I would think much of that is incentive based).

If he can't play week one, I doubt he makes it on the field at all, as the other corners will get themselves entrenched in the position.

I think that Douglas really stepped up as he played more last year. He looked like a starting caliber corner. Maddox has a ton of talent and looked like he could be a a very good corner. LeBlanc was great after the first few games, especially in the playoffs. They still have Jalen Mills (Although I suspect he is injured much more than we think being he is still in a walking boot).

Comment

Working...
                              X