The Dream is Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Dream is Dead

I mean as far as winning the Super Bowl, which they would have zero chance with Feeley or Kolb in there. I'm not saying I wouldn't want those guys, but I'm just trying to soften the blow of not getting them. If we have an awesome defense this year, I think a healthy McNabb will make the offense good enough to win the offense.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
      I was never hyped about Samuel, I think my record will clearly reflect that. Especially if we dump Lito.

Subtract Lito and add Samuel vs Keep Lito and add Stall.......I'd take option 2.

Now, if we keep BOTH, I love our CB group. We'll see if that happens. I think that now that we have whiffed on Moss and Fitz, it's more likley thta we keep Lito. As has been my point, where can we spend this cap space? Might as well give it to Lito and Westy. Maybe LJ if he can stay healthy for a season.
      I have agreed with you on Lito and Samuel and continue to now. As far as Stall vs. Samuel, I would want Samuel. CB is far more important than WR especially in the NFC East.

I agree that extending guys is a perfectly valid way to use cap space as we have done many times before. I would be a bit cautious with Lito or LJ since they really has not recently been healthy or worthy of an extension, but Westbrook or Gaither etc. would be fine.

I disagree they whiffed on Moss & Fitz. I do not think we had more than a 5% chance for either and did what we could.
      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
        I disagree they whiffed on Moss & Fitz. I do not think we had more than a 5% chance for either and did what we could.
        Agree with this, where they did whiff though is not making a serious run at Berrian. To me he would have been the perfect fit for this offense.

Comment

See, Stallworth is not the issue. Whether Berian is your guy or Stallworth or whoever, it's about upgrading this roster. Using our available assets (cap) and putting together the best roster we can. Moss, Fitz, Williams, Johnson, those are pretty much pipe dreams. Stallworth and Berrian were legit targets (yes I am speaking form MY opinion, it's the only one I have). You pooh poohed me for saying that we should have pursued them right from the start of FA, and I apologize if it wasn't you but SOMEONE was arguing with me "what if it precludes us from signing Fitz!" And I said SO WHAT! Deal with that dilemna if it presents itself. Exactly what I saw happening is what I STILL see happening, and that is that we are not using our assets to best improve this team. What have we done?:

Clemons - OK, situation pass rusher, backup DE, that's nice. Nothing to get excited about.

Samuel - Paid DEARLY for a CB that if his only purpose is to replace Lito does not represent much of an upgrade I M O . I'm calling this unfinished business, too early to grade. But I ain't geeked.

Kearse - Released. Well....duh.

Tapeh - Let him walk.......someone will spin this into an upgrade I'm sure. ugh....

Spikes - Let him go and saved some valuable cap room, Whoopee!!!!!!!!!

Why, what, huh............all our cap room and we have improved ourselves how much? Any????

So yeah, if I say that we should have pursued Stall, or Berrian to add another speed element to our offense, I'm just way out there, huh? Guess I'm just being real financially irresponsible. You act like WR vs CB is what needs to be argued here. I say, WHY NOT BOTH??? What, we can't? WHY? We absolutely better NOT dump Lito at this point or free agency this offseason will have to be labeled an absolute farce. But whether we signed Samuel or did not sign Samuel, we need some freakin weapons for McNabb and could have done so already.

Just watch. We'll dump Lito for a draft pick, or an upgraded pick, draft a WR that won't see the light of day until McNabb is outta here. Cripes. I told you MD, I need to take some time off!!!!
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

See, Stallworth is not the issue. Whether Berian is your guy or Stallworth or whoever, it's about upgrading this roster. Using our available assets (cap) and putting together the best roster we can. Moss, Fitz, Williams, Johnson, those are pretty much pipe dreams. Stallworth and Berrian were legit targets (yes I am speaking form MY opinion, it's the only one I have). You pooh poohed me for saying that we should have pursued them right from the start of FA, and I apologize if it wasn't you but SOMEONE was arguing with me "what if it precludes us from signing Fitz!" And I said SO WHAT! Deal with that dilemna if it presents itself. Exactly what I saw happening is what I STILL see happening, and that is that we are not using our assets to best improve this team. What have we done?:

Clemons - OK, situation pass rusher, backup DE, that's nice. Nothing to get excited about.

Samuel - Paid DEARLY for a CB that if his only purpose is to replace Lito does not represent much of an upgrade I M O . I'm calling this unfinished business, too early to grade. But I ain't geeked.

Kearse - Released. Well....duh.

Tapeh - Let him walk.......someone will spin this into an upgrade I'm sure. ugh....

Spikes - Let him go and saved some valuable cap room, Whoopee!!!!!!!!!

Why, what, huh............all our cap room and we have improved ourselves how much? Any????

So yeah, if I say that we should have pursued Stall, or Berrian to add another speed element to our offense, I'm just way out there, huh? Guess I'm just being real financially irresponsible. You act like WR vs CB is what needs to be argued here. I say, WHY NOT BOTH??? What, we can't? WHY? We absolutely better NOT dump Lito at this point or free agency this offseason will have to be labeled an absolute farce. But whether we signed Samuel or did not sign Samuel, we need some freakin weapons for McNabb and could have done so already.

Just watch. We'll dump Lito for a draft pick, or an upgraded pick, draft a WR that won't see the light of day until McNabb is outta here. Cripes. I told you MD, I need to take some time off!!!!
            Well it wasn't me saying we shouldn't have targeted Berrian or Stallworth. I did say Stallworth was my last option, but for me, Berrian was always my number 1 choice, even over Fitz/Williams (I never thought Moss would be available). Not from a talent standpoint, but from a value standpoint.

Comment

I'm glad we are not getting Fitz as great as he is. The deal, if it ever really existed would have cost us far too much to be worth it. I much prefer to keep Lito here and have a chance at the best secondary/D in the NFL. I have yet to hear a single word of bleep from Lito. Its only media and fans making up stuff so far. Add some depth at DT, DE and S and I am one very happy camper.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Dutchman
                I'm glad we are not getting Fitz as great as he is. The deal, if it ever really existed would have cost us far too much to be worth it. I much prefer to keep Lito here and have a chance at the best secondary/D in the NFL. I have yet to hear a single word of bleep from Lito. Its only media and fans making up stuff so far. Add some depth at DT, DE and S and I am one very happy camper.
                Ditto.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                  Ditto.

Well, I fully disagree --- Fitzgerald on this team(assuming health) instantly makes this Offense a SB contender for several years to come. And you instantly create a viable WR core with whom either Mcnabb goes lights out or even Kolb gets to learn under.

You only get sooooooooooo many chances to get a player of that caliber.

I'd trade Lito in a nano second if it meant I landed a LF.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                    Ditto.

Well, I fully disagree --- Fitzgerald on this team(assuming health) instantly makes this Offense a SB contender for several years to come. And you instantly create a viable WR core with whom either Mcnabb goes lights out or even Kolb gets to learn under.

You only get sooooooooooo many chances to get a player of that caliber.

I'd trade Lito in a nano second if it meant I landed a LF.
                    I don't think anyone wouldn't trade Lito for LF. But when you start talking about Lito, multiple 1st day picks and a huge signing bonus....no thanks.

And while Fitzgerald is a great player and definitely makes this offense better, he really isn't a great complement to the WRs already on our team. We need a guy with elite speed the outside to pair with a severely under rated tandem of Brown and Curtis.

Comment

Well, Lito for LF isn't/won't make it, so yes a first day pick is fair -- as for the signing bonus, sorry but that would (and does ) go to these types of players if you want to get them and keep them. And we are flush with cash and room under the cap, so the bonus and salary aren't that big a concern.

My point is that some people seem to want to say that this was a bad deal had it been made, and IMO, they don't appreciate what a Fiztgerald would do for this team.

Obviously put all this in the past tense.

Comment

Well, Lito for LF isn't/won't make it, so yes a first day pick is fair -- as for the signing bonus, sorry but that would (and does ) go to these types of players if you want to get them and keep them. And we are flush with cash and room under the cap, so the bonus and salary aren't that big a concern.

My point is that some people seem to want to say that this was a bad deal had it been made, and IMO, they don't appreciate what a Fiztgerald would do for this team.

You can't break the arguments into parts like that, it's the sum of the whole.

Comment

I don't think MD is breaking anything up. I THINK he is saying Lito, plus a 1st day pick, plus the signing bonus and contract that it would have taken for Fitz was worth it in his opinion, for what Fitz would have brought to this team.

And I don't believe I disagree, here.
                          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

You can't break the arguments into parts like that, it's the sum of the whole.
                            Ummm, Sure I can... I just did,,, didn't you read it?

Seriously, the bottom line is that you thought that it was too much -- and you broke it down... I countered your breakdown, point by point and disagreed and thought it would have been worth it.

Comment

i agree. fitzgerald would have been a huge acquisition. oh well. the chances were never very good.

i've been in the roy williams camp for a while now, anyway. i think the Eagles can get him without trading Lito. his size and speed would be a perfect complement to Brown and Curtis, IMO.

imagine trading for williams and keeping/restructuring lito. using cap space to make westbrook happy. now that would be a beautiful thing.

i think you can get williams for a 2nd rounder, or next year's first.
                              Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Working...
                              X