Brtual Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brtual Season

Well the beatings have stopped. Are there any bright spots? Hamels alone isn't a starting staff. A bullpen that might be considered not terrible with a little help. Position players that are underwhelming.
    Do they continue to try to be competitive and make money while rebuilding or do they bite the bullet? Do they take the monetary hits and cut the dead weight and make a drastic change in personnel?
    Not my money but that is what I would like to see. Just don't think it will happen and really don't know where they would go to get the new team.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Don't know what THEY will do ---- but I am giving up my season tix--- they haven't done enough to keep my loyalty and $$$ for the foreseeable future.

Comment

That is part of the frustration for me. They spend money but they don't seem to reap the reward for that spending. Or in English--they don't spend it wisely. The organization has X number of dollars. If you are spending big on the roster maybe they cut back somewhere else and aren't spending on player development. Did bad roster moves and spending decisions drive them to the cellar or was it bad luck. Can't put it all on luck in my mind.
      So how do you get out of that? I don't know but I think the only way is to bite the bullet and take a big loss by cutting the dead weight
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Don't see that happening since Rueban is still the GM.

Comment

I am ok with going through rebuilding and growth pains as part of the journey back to the top. As a fan, there is nothing more that can be done than to sit back and have fun with the journey. In the end, you should take pleasure in the simple enjoyment of the game. Wins and losses are going to happen regardless. It is the experience that will be remembered.

I am renewing my 6 seats because I am not fair weathered and only interested in wins.
          Taking It One Game At A Time

Comment

The Phillies' ownership (which supposedly in flux based on something the Burger King reported on last week) will be in for a rude awakening in 2015 if they don't fire Ruben Amaro. The attendance will continue to go down next season regardless what happens (barring a miracle run to the playoffs), but it will nosedive harder if Amaro is still employed by the team. He's considered the biggest culprit in the Phillies' fade over the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by WhizKid View Post
              I am ok with going through rebuilding and growth pains as part of the journey back to the top. As a fan, there is nothing more that can be done than to sit back and have fun with the journey. In the end, you should take pleasure in the simple enjoyment of the game. Wins and losses are going to happen regardless. It is the experience that will be remembered.

I am renewing my 6 seats because I am not fair weathered and only interested in wins.
              Who is ONLY interested in wins?

They shouldn't be Philly sports fans for their own sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by WhizKid View Post

I would be OK with it as well if I thought the people running the team had a clue about what they were doing. Unfortunately, they have put off the rebuild for two years in an attempt to sell tickets -- by pushing the nostalgia of the recent past -- and dont seem to have the first clue about how to dismantle and rebuild this team. They are many years from contending again, IMO.
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
                  I would be OK with it as well if I thought the people running the team had a clue about what they were doing. Unfortunately, they have put off the rebuild for two years in an attempt to sell tickets -- by pushing the nostalgia of the recent past -- and dont seem to have the first clue about how to dismantle and rebuild this team. They are many years from contending again, IMO.
                  According to Whiz Kid, he doesn't care if they rebuild or not--- cause good baseball and wins are not even part of the equation.

I agree with you they are several years away from competing again. IMO, it's not only a talent exchange that has to be made but also a scouting and GM change.

Comment

Working...
                  X