X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly , Foles Micd Up

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/vi...9-029f40cf519c

Remember someone mentioned wanting to see this
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Nice.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

It will be interesting to see how this team comes back from the break. They and we acted like we just won the SB after that win. In truth we're only a quarter of the way there.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        It will be interesting to see how this team comes back from the break. They and we acted like we just won the SB after that win.
        I wouldn't make too much of the intensity of their celebration. Consider, (1) the 2 teams REALLY don't like one another, (2) the Gnats had talked all kinds of shit before the game, (3) virtually all the sports media had dissed them by picking the Gnats, and (4) they didn't just beat the hated, big-talking, favored rival...they down right humiliated them in prime time.

I think Kelly will have their heads screwed on right ready to play a very good AZ team in their own house. The Birds may not win, but I think they'll play well.

Comment

Do you wonder why piss ant Jackson is gone?

Kelly telling practice squad member Jordan Kovacs before the game that "culture will beat scheme every day."

Comment

And talent trumps them both!
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
              And talent trumps them both!
              When everything else is even, then sure I'll agree to that. But IMO , especially in Pro sports, coaching is 90% of it. We brought in every top player in the book and won 6 games 4 years ago. How quickly we forget. The Redskins did the same thing for years and what did it get them?

Comment

Well yeah, I agree. If you have a dumbass calling the plays and running the show, you are flat out screwed.
                *Switzer being the exception that proves the rule
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Coaching 90%???? Sorry not buying that.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                    Coaching 90%???? Sorry not buying that.
                    See Detroit.

Comment

Hmm, 90%........ They would be paying coaches 100's of millions not players.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                        Hmm, 90%........ They would be paying coaches 100's of millions not players.
                        Those coaches get paid pretty good wouldn't you say? No question that Chip would get a 5 year $50 million if he were on the market. Belechek too.

Comment

Coaching / culture (as Kelly calls it) / team chemistry / everyone buying in / . . . is the difference between 10-6 and 6-10. Reid was great for the first 5 years of building that winning culture. It all started downhill with the signing of TO. It was great for one year and then things slowly went to sh^t.
                          Veteran leadership plays a huge part as well obviously because that can control a few of the crazies.

The number one thing I appreciate about this team is that they seem prepared for every situation and rarely make stupid mistakes.
                          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Coaches don't have to put their bodies on the line. That alone is reason to pay them less.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                              Coaching / culture (as Kelly calls it) / team chemistry / everyone buying in / . . . is the difference between 10-6 and 6-10. Reid was great for the first 5 years of building that winning culture. It all started downhill with the signing of TO. It was great for one year and then things slowly went to sh^t.
                              Veteran leadership plays a huge part as well obviously because that can control a few of the crazies.
                              The number one thing I appreciate about this team is that they seem prepared for every situation and rarely make stupid mistakes.
                              Absolutely right, Andy did a hell of a job in changing the culture around NovaCare. Good coaches do that. The difficulty is keeping that long term. That is what great coaches can do. I've long held that you can't name the best QB (or whatever) in history. I think you have to look at it in terms of tiers. I think you have great coaches, outstanding coaches, excellent coaches, good coaches, etc. Andy was an excellent coach--maybe even outstanding-- but I don't think he makes the 'great' label yet. Chip doesn't have a large enough body of work in the NFL to rank him IMO but I sure hopes he gets the great or outstanding ranking someday.
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X