• Show
Clear All

Man wouldn’t term limits be great.

If I could wish one thing in DC it would be

4 terms max as a representative
    2 terms as a senator
    And
    16 years as a judge at any level and then you have to be reappointed
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      Man wouldn’t term limits be great.

If I could wish one thing in DC it would be

4 terms max as a representative
      2 terms as a senator
      And
      16 years as a judge at any level and then you have to be reappointed

The limits you suggest for the House and Senate are precisely those I'd like to see.

And life time appointments for judges is just wrong. The contention that 'justice is blind' and that judges at the highest level are above being swayed by base political considerations is nonsense. Periodic mandatory reappointment blended with an occasional public flogging of those guilty of the most egregious bias to the left or right seems about right. (Not totally serious about the public floggings. Maybe, to level their karma, the worst offenders should be forced to preside wearing only Speedos instead of black robes. Add a couple pasties for the female judges.)

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
        Popper,

If that's a serious question, read the posts starting with #9. And remember the original premise..."You can't make this shit up!"
        Oops, I missed that one--again!
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

"I'm incredible! Poll numbers are through the roof. I'm doing a fantastic job. Banana production has reached an all time high.

Now let's start arresting those traitors that openly disagree with me."

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
            "I'm incredible! Poll numbers are through the roof. I'm doing a fantastic job. Banana production has reached an all time high.

Now let's start arresting those traitors that openly disagree with me."
            What a friekin circus. Good grief
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
            X