Going to the swamp Sunday!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to the swamp Sunday!!!

Thanks to the always-cool Eagles2000 who came out to O'Hanlons in NYC to watch the Skins game, I have scored 2 tix for this Sunday's revenge matchup. And like a fool, I'm taking my girlfriend with me for my first non-Jets game at the Meadowlands.

Anyone actually going who is tailgating? As I sold my car last year and parked my motorcycle upstate for the winter already (nor do I want either being a target for irate blueshirts), I'm piling on the dreary NJTransit bus early in the afternoon and basically looking for ways to kill time without getting into any fights. I'm assuming the food at the stadium sucks as much as the beer?

Should be a doozy. Last time I was at a game there was the 2002 Jets-Patriots 8:30 pm'er in December when it dropped to -10 degrees. This should be a few degrees warmer anyway.

I'll be at the game, but no tailgate.

Taking the girlfriend is a risky proposition. Good luck with that, buddy.

Last time I was there was when Westy took it to the house in the last minute. I cheered, celebrated for about 30 seconds and then got the fuck out of there. The natives were unhappy to say the least.

Comment

Taking her is partially an incentive to be on my own best behavior, and partially hoping it brings out more chivalry in the enemy. Though I'm going with pretty low expecations and preparing for the worst. Hey, at least I don't have a car for anyone to pee on or set fire to in revenge for all those Philadelphia fantasies I read about in the NY papers.

PM me if you want to hook up before or after the game. I'm in sec. 338 (top endzone corner).

Comment

It's an interesting strategy. I took my ex to the Eagles/Giants home opener at the Linc in 2004. I hope that Giants fans treat your girlfriend better than Eagles fan treated mine (not really that bad, but also not ideal).

That sounds good on meeting up.

So, you went to O'Hanlon's Sunday? I ended up at Barrow with a buddy. O'Hanlon's is great when I'm flying solo.

Comment

Yeah, it was a good vibe there. Got to watch the end of Arsenal-Chelsea right before they switched to the Redskins telecast. Quite a few redskins fans there, and a ton of Giants fans watching the Carolina game, but as usual the few Eagles nuts were the loudest on big plays.

I recognized Eagles2000 from one of the old philaphans events, so it looks like he took your advice on bars to heart as well.

The pizza was good, the wings were godawful. Both were free, so no complaints there. And they had Brooklyn Lager on tap among other things, so the drinking was good.

Honestly it was good to finally find a bar in NYC this season where I can watch the Eagles WIN. That alone might make me keep going back there until a loss overcomes my superstition.

Comment

Were the Packers playing? Did you hear the screaming banshee? The place definitely has some personality.

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd and Arch

PM me if you want to hook up before or after the game. I'm in sec. 338 (top endzone corner).
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                Originally posted by 2nd and Arch

Grow up

Comment

Just wear a Giants jersey, Arch. No one will bother you. Then watch their heads explode when they try and figure out why you're cheering for the Eagles. It might buy you a little more time anyway. :P

Comment

Maybe I can find a $5 Dhani Jones Giants jersey at some basement shop in Queens to wear, and cheer when he makes his 2 tackles per game. Pretend I'm his bowtie designer or something.

Comment

Working...
                    X