Jason Campbell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Campbell

Peter King's latte-spattered bloviations when giving the Redskins a 13-3 "best case scenario" seem to be based on his theory that Jason Campbell is going to take over QB duties halfway through the season and lead this team on a tear.

Did this guy play even a single down last year, even in mop-up duty? Have people seen him play in the preseason? At Auburn before that?

I know he was a late first round pick and all, but I'm curious what anyone outside of the Snyder Kool-Aid Belt sees in this guy and his chances to be the next Drew Brees rather than the next Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, and for that matter Patrick Ramsey in his tenure as an NFC East "future star". Do people see him starting instead of Brunell at any point in the season if the latter remains healthy but not lighting up the field?

If you dare, visit http://www.extremeskins.com and read some of the things about Campbell on there....

They are so utterly frightened regarding Brunell and having no one behind him if he goes down that they have made Campbell out to be the second coming of Elway....

There is also the "Well, Joe Gibbs picked him so he must be excellent" theory in play....they have quietly dropped the earlier theory about Gibbs winning a SB within 3 years however....

As for objective analysis of Campbell, I think most would say he is a raw product that has natural talent, but did not get much top flight experience at Auburn and will need 1-2 more years before he could be expected to lead a team at this level....
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I think Campbell will be a nice QB, and i think that Brunnell is FINISHED and SHOT as a QB. If i were the Skins, i'd start Campbell right off the bat and take my lumps for the greater long term good. Good thing Dan Snyder doesn't think that way!

Comment

I actually like Campbell a lot as a prospect. Hopefully I'm wrong. Either way, he's not going to amount to much this year.

Comment

Judging by this preseason, Campbell is going to go through growing pains whenever he is thrown in there. He has thrown a couple of bad INT's due to mid-reading coverages. Nothing you wouldn't expect a young QB to make, but he's still going to make them. And that's in the preseason.

He's got good skills, so there is potential there, but if they have to go to him this season I don't think he'd step in right away and lead them to victories. This Skins team is built to win NOW, with a team like that it's a gamble to throw Campbell in there.

With ALL OF THAT being said, his Senior year at Auburn (where he did have 4 different offensive coordinators in 4 years) was the first year he really looked good. And on that team he had Cadillac, Ronnie Brown, and a load of an offensive team.

Comment

What would 50 cent say? \/
            www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Re: Jason Campbell

Originally posted by 2nd and Arch
              Peter King's latte-spattered bloviations when giving the Redskins a 13-3 "best case scenario" seem to be based on his theory that Jason Campbell is going to take over QB duties halfway through the season and lead this team on a tear.

Did this guy play even a single down last year, even in mop-up duty? Have people seen him play in the preseason? At Auburn before that?

I know he was a late first round pick and all, but I'm curious what anyone outside of the Snyder Kool-Aid Belt sees in this guy and his chances to be the next Drew Brees rather than the next Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, and for that matter Patrick Ramsey in his tenure as an NFC East "future star". Do people see him starting instead of Brunell at any point in the season if the latter remains healthy but not lighting up the field?

I saw him plenty at Allbarn and he would have done nothing without that stable of backs. Allbarn was run...run...run and PA pass. Kind of hard to NOT have a high QB rating like that.

If Campbell is a threat to Brunell in DC the 'skins are in trouble.
              Im Ready........Im Ready......Im Ready!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga

10 yd troll mention penalty...
                Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I'm here in skins\ravens territory and have seen quite a bit of the 4-skins.This club is WAY overrated and IMO it's just a matter of time until Campbell takes over.Brunnell looks absolutely horrible and regardless of that excellent coaching staff,the QB still has to lead.Campbell is a nice prospect but as far as being THE guy to lead to the NFC East title,fuggetaboutit!Without my Green shades on the skins IMHO are an 8-8 club.BTW why the fuck are we talkin about the 4skins?
                  Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
                    Originally posted by saratoga

10 yd troll mention penalty...
                    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I guess I have the luxury of watching the games more than some of you. HE SUCKS!!!!

Wati til you see the highlights from yesterday. BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
                      3-7 for 12 yards and one interception. Weird! I thought he had more incomplete passes than that. Anywho, with the lack of an interior with the Skins, it doesn't matter who their QB is. All you have to do is pinch the tackles and set Tortter up the middle to stop the run and send our DT's and Howard at DT up the middle to flush these yellow bellies.

Skin fans got themselves so excited over last year and several more over paid players. It is going to be so sweet to again have them stink up the joint, while our 6-10 squad dominates the division again.
                      Pedro

Comment

Working...
                      X