Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBS has chosen to make Dallas at the Jets their Game of the Week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS has chosen to make Dallas at the Jets their Game of the Week.

An interesting choice given the options. You wouldn't expect much from the 0-4 Jets but they are playing America's Team so obviously, they're the GOTW. I was going to say that at least Romo is less a Dallas homer than Aikman but that's not really true. Romo can't help himself. He's a hard core Dallas fan.

Darnold is starting and did lead the Jets to a TD on their 1st possession but I'm going back outside to paint the house.

I am hoping that, in my absence, Prescott will sustain a career ending injury and that Elliott will swallow his tongue while he's feeding himself and choke to death to the cheers of Jets' fans.

Is that wrong?

Go Jets Go!!

Comment

Darnold has been very impressive. The over thrown pick, however, may have saved the scum from a humiliating defeat.

Romo is WORSE than Aikman.

Comment

Wow, Dallas loses to the pitiful Jets! Not as happy as if we had won today, but at least I have a smile on my face now.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

The officiating had been fairly even handed until the last Dallas drive. Then they flagged the Jets on 4 successive DPI/Holding calls, 3 of which were very, very iffy and, taken as a whole, were unforgivable.

Officiating in the NFL has become down right awful. I don't believe in any conspiracy to fix games but I'm firmly convinced that some officials allow themselves to get caught up in games emotionally and lose all objectivity. In any case, it is making some games unwatchable.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post

Officiating in the NFL has become down right awful. In any case, it is making some games unwatchable.
            I said the same thing to my Father today. It takes any pleasure out of the game when the officials make up bullshit calls and ignore obvious penalties. If they don’t fix it very quickly I honestly don’t know if I will continue to watch games. I get too angry at the unfair officiating and tend to miss plays as I pace the floor grumbling about the bullshit on the screen. I have started to question why I bother when I just get angry about it. Even if the Eagles are winning...
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

It seems like at some point the refs feel the need to take over the game. Far worse contact wasn’t called today. Then all the sudden breathing on a receiver draws a flag.

Comment

It seems like at some point the refs feel the need to take over the game. Far worse contact wasn’t called today. Then all the sudden breathing on a receiver draws a flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                  I said the same thing to my Father today. It takes any pleasure out of the game when the officials make up bullshit calls and ignore obvious penalties. If they don’t fix it very quickly I honestly don’t know if I will continue to watch games. I get too angry at the unfair officiating and tend to miss plays as I pace the floor grumbling about the bullshit on the screen. I have started to question why I bother when I just get angry about it. Even if the Eagles are winning...
                  Silver Linings Playbook
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                    The officiating had been fairly even handed until the last Dallas drive. Then they flagged the Jets on 4 successive DPI/Holding calls, 3 of which were very, very iffy and, taken as a whole, were unforgivable.

Officiating in the NFL has become down right awful. I don't believe in any conspiracy to fix games but I'm firmly convinced that some officials allow themselves to get caught up in games emotionally and lose all objectivity. In any case, it is making some games unwatchable.
                    Its one of two things, too many rules and the officials are not looking at too many things at once, or they are betting on the games. Officiating has always been a point of contention but never like it has been . Its just a disaster and the NFL is not recognizing they have a problem.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Taz... that is the thing you are spot on.

Virtually every person I talk to about the NFL complains about the penalties. Every one says they are called to frequently, too inconsistently, the conferences are too frequent, and it does appears like they are even called in a way to keep games competitive. And yet the NFL brass doesn't react. I think the TV ratings are still good so maybe that is it but the stadiums are not as full as they once were.

I will add and this is a conspiracy theory but if as a league you wanted to fix NFL games you don't do it with the players... you do it with the officials.

And yes at times it absolutely looks fixed. Yesterday the Eagles were called for multiple DPI and Defensive Holding penalties and yet the Vikings were NEVER called for a DPI and I think maybe 1 Defensive Holding penalty.

The offensive lines on both sides were NOT called for holding and I will say on one play Seamaulo held the shit out of Griffin right in front of an official and it wasn't called?

I really do not watch the league anymore except for the Eagles and Chiefs and I am the league's core fan having spent at least $3k in the last 15 years on Sunday Ticket.

The Brass is not reacting to this and I don't understand it other than the TV ratings are not slipping yet... but they have to at some point I'd think. Especially as my generation and older age and our eyeballs are replaced by kids who want to play FortNite or watch soccer. My 2 daughters couldn't care less about football and I know they are girls but still when I was growing up my whole family watched the NFL.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                      X