Not Getting a Lot of Mention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Getting a Lot of Mention

McCoy and Weaver are for real. I was terribly tough on McCoy prior to the draft, but he has "it". Weaver is another guy who can add a ton of talent. There are going to be a lot of guys looking for touches this year.I can't believe Westy will be happy with limited touches,but Weaver and McCoy are seriously going to cut into the number.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Yep, McCoy looks like the goods. He may be a poor man's Westy, but he's young and hungry....and taking some load off of Westy is not a bad idea. Weaver I was geeked about at the time of the signing, and he looks like just what we need. A freakin bowling ball with feet, good feet, that will clear some holes, catch the occasional pass, and can play the role of the "big back" when we need that muscle. Love love love the signing.

Another couple of guys who flashed:

Maclin, certainly. I can see it, it's there. Learn fast, kid.

Buckley. I want to see him in there vs some tougher competition, but good hands and an agressive running style. Buh bye, Booker.

Gibson, could he make this roster? He basically needs to beat out Reggie Brown, IMO. Or perhaps with the TE's going down like flies, we consider making a TE out of Baskett and opening up some room at WR.

Defensively, Demps looked good, as did Mikell. Jones looked like poop to me but I am keeping my eye on the Macho Man.

Bring on some more pre-season....minus the injuries.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
      Yep, McCoy looks like the goods. He may be a poor man's Westy, but he's young and hungry....and taking some load off of Westy is not a bad idea. Weaver I was geeked about at the time of the signing, and he looks like just what we need. A freakin bowling ball with feet, good feet, that will clear some holes, catch the occasional pass, and can play the role of the "big back" when we need that muscle. Love love love the signing.

Another couple of guys who flashed:

Maclin, certainly. I can see it, it's there. Learn fast, kid.

Buckley. I want to see him in there vs some tougher competition, but good hands and an agressive running style. Buh bye, Booker.

Gibson, could he make this roster? He basically needs to beat out Reggie Brown, IMO. Or perhaps with the TE's going down like flies, we consider making a TE out of Baskett and opening up some room at WR.

Defensively, Demps looked good, as did Mikell. Jones looked like poop to me but I am keeping my eye on the Macho Man.

Bring on some more pre-season....minus the injuries.
      Weaver might be our TE by the start of the season. You got any other ideas?
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I am a big fan of Gibson,an think he is on the roster at the beginning of the season.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          Weaver might be our TE by the start of the season. You got any other ideas?
          Two other ideas, I guess:

A) Take a long hard look at who gets released from other teams at the end of preseason. There will almost certainly be someone half-decent that we can use in the short term.

B) Play a whole lot of 3WR 2RB formations. Andy's been harping on getting good pass blocking from his RBs for years - it's looking like it'll be more important than ever this season.
          The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Agree on all three, Buckley, Shady, and Weaver. All 2 showed well last night, lot's of upside there to improve this O. Gives #5 more options then he has ever had before IMO.

Comment

Working...
            X