Question about the practice squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the practice squad

while we're waiting for the Eagles to release their moves (and the Phillies work on blowing another lead) I have a question about the practice squad. The guys they cut today have t clear waivers before they can be placed on the PS but isn't there a rule that a team can sign one of them AFTER they are on the practice squad?
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Teams can sign anybody on anybody elses P/S-- but they have to agree to terms and place them on their active 53 man roster.

I think!

Comment

We tawkin bout PRACTICE??

You mean, if we have someone signed to our practice squad, can, say, the Bengals sign them to thier roster ?
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Yes Fresh that's the question. Basically if we release a guy and he slips through waivers and we put him on our practice squad is he safe or is there always a chance that another team can grab him at some point during the year?

Comment

I agre with MD. I believe that any team can do that, but we could negotiate with him as well and dissuade the deal.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

You're welcome -- I know the sharpness of my "pencil" has been questioned today but Just cause FRESHIE says it---- it's ok???????

Comment

Man you're getting a wee bit touchy and grumpy these days MD!! You added "I think" at the end of your comment so I figured you were unsure. I was unsure of that too and always thought practice squad guys were basically paid free agents available to any team but with all of the "if player 'X' slips through" type comments I thought I may have missed something in the CBA deal this year.

Comment

Any player can be signed off the practice sqaud by any team if the team puts them on the regular roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
                  Man you're getting a wee bit touchy and grumpy these days MD!! You added "I think" at the end of your comment so I figured you were unsure. I was unsure of that too and always thought practice squad guys were basically paid free agents available to any team but with all of the "if player 'X' slips through" type comments I thought I may have missed something in the CBA deal this year.
                  Neither touchy nor grumpy (I'm in excellent spirits thank you very much)-- obviously I guess I just didn't make the "I'm just joking" clear enough!
                  Next time i'll use like 14 's and my chorus line of 's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Hey, Hey, Hey-- I'm gonna tell..... Damn Plagiarist!!!!!!!!

Comment

Shouldn't you be out getting me my burger?

Comment

Actually I had Penne pasta in a spicy vodka sauce with Blackened Chicken covered with ceumbled Bleu cheese... was wonderful.

Oh yeah your burger,,,, I forgot, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
                            Yes Fresh that's the question. Basically if we release a guy and he slips through waivers and we put him on our practice squad is he safe or is there always a chance that another team can grab him at some point during the year?
                            Yes, he has to clear waivers to get to the practice squad, and any team can take any other team's players off their practice squad, but if they do they have to go on that team's 53 man roster. You can just take a guy off of someone's practice squad and put them on your practice squad.

Comment

Working...
                            X