No announcement yet.

Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Betty - I was at that Radiohead show. I thought it was absolutely phenomenal but the people with me who also saw the Sat night show said that was even better.

I've got the mp3s of the Friday night show if you want em.

Comment

Originally posted by betty
      Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
      I love Rollins show, watch it pretty regularly...
      my brother is the exec. producer for that program.
      Welcome betty! Glad you found your way over here....somehow it makes sense that someone in your family would be involved in a music-related show I like...lol...we just seem to have similar good taste...

Seriously, tell your brother to keep up the good work, give Henry a pat on the back for me and for goodness sake get GRAB to play on there....
      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
        Betty - I was at that Radiohead show. I thought it was absolutely phenomenal but the people with me who also saw the Sat night show said that was even better.

I've got the mp3s of the Friday night show if you want em.
        it was a terrific show, but when i saw the setlist for saturday night, i really wish that was the show i saw.

thanks for the offer, but i've already got it. i have a video of the show if you want that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas

Welcome betty! Glad you found your way over here....somehow it makes sense that someone in your family would be involved in a music-related show I like...lol...we just seem to have similar good taste...

Seriously, tell your brother to keep up the good work, give Henry a pat on the back for me and for goodness sake get GRAB to play on there....
          i'll suggest GRAB as i would love to see them on there. have you seen them yet? i just downloaded a show, but have yet to hear anything they've done. i'm pretty anxious to hear what they sound like.

Comment

Not seen them, only listened to shows....a little up & down due to the new arrangement, but several shows they have locked in and sounded great IMO...

-Andy Reid

Comment

VFK, have you heard about Scofield teaming up with medeski martin & wood again? the album is due out in September, i think (though i'm sure an advance copy will find its way on the web as every album does these days) and i'm very psyched to hear it (i love A GO GO). i'm really bummed that they won't be touring anywhere near san francisco, though. don't they realize that the dirty smot-poking hippies in SF are their bread and butter?

Comment

No, but that is great news...thanks for sharing.

Hey nothing wrong with smot poking...surprised they are not going to tour there too...there's nothing in San Jose or maybe Sac-Town? Does seem weird...

-Andy Reid

Comment

betty - great to see you hear. I saw you asking about me on the other board and I tried to PM you but you had it turned off. Glad you found us!

Comment

steve, i didn't even know my pm's are turned off on the other board. i'm glad to have found you guys too.

i was looking for both you and VFK as i wanted to invite you guys to an amazing torrent site that is invite only. it is by far the best torrent site i've come across (if you use torrents), but you can only access it by invite. if either of you guys are interested, drop me a PM with your email address and i'll invite you guys to join.

VFK, you can find more info on the new scofield+mmw album on mmw's site http://mmw.net/. mmw are coming to SF a couple months before they head on the road with Scofield, but they are not coming anywhere near california once they tour with Sco. they are playing in philly (if that's where you live) in november, so have fun.

Comment

• Ha! wrong thread. I'll replace this with a welcome to betty.

Also, is OiNk the closed-invite site you're referring to? I've been frustrated trying to get them to work since my iTunes ripped all my CDs at below the requested KhZ and I don't feel like re-ripping my whole library just to make OiNk happy. If it's some other site, I'd like to give it a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2nd and Arch
                        Ha! wrong thread. I'll replace this with a welcome to betty.

Also, is OiNk the closed-invite site you're referring to? I've been frustrated trying to get them to work since my iTunes ripped all my CDs at below the requested KhZ and I don't feel like re-ripping my whole library just to make OiNk happy. If it's some other site, I'd like to give it a shot.
                        thanks for the welcome. it is indeed oink. yeah, the have pretty stringent rules about nothing being transcoded and that mp3's must be at least 192. however, i have never had a problem with that as i never upload stuff i ripped from my own collection; i just simply seed whatever albums i downloaded through their site, that way there is never a problem. i think their stringent rules make for great downloading, though. every album i've downloaded has been of the best of quality and there are always seeders. and they always seem to have advanced copies of albums before anyone else. i never go outside oink for studio released albums -- they have just about everything.

Comment

• Hm, you can seed stuff you already got from them?

It's sad how bad I am with this stuff considering I've been on the internet since 1994 and helped write some file-sharing software in the late 90's.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2nd and Arch
                            Hm, you can seed stuff you already got from them?
                            yeah, whenever i grab an album (or other type of file -- they have every piece of software you could possibly want, plus instructional videos and such), after it finishes downloading, i just leave it in my torrent client to seed forever. people like me on oink are just as important as the people who upload their own files, as it ensures that there is always someone seeding files (and that there are multiple seeders, so that you can download an album in a very short amount of time). it also keeps my ratio well above the requested amount (which is only .5 nowadays). i would definitely give it another shot, arch -- it's really easy to use. PM me if you have any other questions.

Comment

• Got Gomez' "How We Operate". Decent, catchy album so far (I'm on about the third listen).

Comment

• Originally posted by stevemc
                                Got Gomez' "How We Operate". Decent, catchy album so far (I'm on about the third listen).
                                Uh-oh - Steve is now quoting himself. . . . . . . . uh-oh - Steve just referred to himself in the 3rd person as well!

The album is very good after several more listens. It's very solid for anyone interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X