?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?

What does anyone think of the jaguars this year? I think they will win the division with the colts having a young running game. the jags should be able to pound the ball all season long and open up a passing game but i don't think the colts can open the passing game up with a lack of running from a young back. what do you think, im curious
    -Young

I still think that the Colts are better. They still have some decent runners and I don't think their passing attack will be affected from the loss of James. The Jags don't really have a proven wideout because of Jimmy Smith's retirement. I'm not sure about running back either, but they can make the playoffs if their defense is good as usual.
    "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playin that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talkin' trash like that."

Comment

well, taylor is supposed to be doing really well in camp so far. a healthy season could lead to a rushing title. he's always been there, its just the injuries that hurt him.
      -Young

Comment

How old is Taylor now? He's getting closer to retirement, isn't he?
        "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playin that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talkin' trash like that."

Comment

im not sure exactly how old he is but he is getting there. besides they still have greg jones who showed great ability last year and they drafted maurice drew who could turn into gold or stay coal.
          -Young

Comment

Maurice Drew was a steal. He'll be a great kick/punt returner and can catch the ball as well.

I could see the Jags doing well running this year on running back by committee. I forgot they had Jones.

Comment

yea
              -Young

Comment

How do you think Leftwich will do this season? He's done pretty well in his first two years but hasn't taken his game to the "next level."

Comment

i think that leftwich will have a pretty good season. there are some questions about his wide outs, but they have been proven in college to be quality players. now that his wide receivers have some experience under their belt i think they will finally step up to being good receivers. and for matt jones, he was outstanding his rookie season, i can't wait to see what he does in his second season. we may even see marcedes lewis have a great rookie season. so to answer your question, i think that leftwich will have another good season, but i think next season is when he takes it to the "next level". by then his receivers should be at the level he needs them at. and leftwich still amazes me with his toughness.
                  -Young

Comment

Am I the only one that feels Lefwich is overrated? It seemed like the team moved on offense just as well if not better with David Garrard under center.

Leftwich just doesn't seem to be a great field leader from the QB spot. IMO you can be a "lead by example guy" at most positions but at Quarterback you should be a vocal leader and I just don't see Leftwich as that guy.
                    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I don't think Leftwich is overrated. I think Jaguars fans overrate him but he's not a bad QB. If he can stay healthy, he's a big QB that can really huck the ball. I'd take him over Michael Vick.

Comment

Leftwich is one of the toughest quarterbacks i've ever seen. he takes a hit, a big one and gets right back up for the next play. just like in college at marshall where he was really hurt (even where to he couldn't really walk) and he had two lineman carry him down the field so he could snap the ball real quick. Playing no matter what or trying your hardest no matter what, what Leftwich does, is what a leader does. So what do you mean by leftwich not being a leader?
                        -Young

Comment

Yeah, Leftwich is definitely a leader with a strong arm.

He just has little mobility and I don't think the receivers arond him are good enough to produce excellent numbers (I always think fantasy). Once Jones becomes an elite target (as I expect he will eventually), Leftwich will really take off.

Comment

I'm not doubting Leftwich's toughness or athletic ability, but it just seems like he the type of guy that's going to rally the troops. The were rumblings last year that more than half the team wanted Garrad to start in the playoffs over Leftwich.
                            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                            X