• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry doesn't cut it pinhead

Gronk suspended one game for cheap shot on Tre'Davious White
    Dec
    12/4/2017 2:34:56 PM
    |More
    The NFL has suspended New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski one game for "violating player safety policy" according to Field Yates of ESPN.

In the fourth quarter of the Patriots' 23-3 drubbing of the Buffalo Bills, Gronkowski thought he was held by rookie cornerback Tre'Davious White on a play that resulted in a Brady interception. He retaliated with a vicious cheap shot, ramming an unsuspecting White from behind as he lay on the ground. Gronk drew a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct, his fourth of the game, and appeared to concuss White. Although he apologized for the hit after the game, the suspension was widely expected and thoroughly justified.

Despite his apology, Gronk is expected to appeal the suspension. If he is unsuccessful, he will miss the MNF game against the Miami Dolphins but will suit up for the Patriots' big showdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 15.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Should have been the rest of the season.

Comment

There are cheap shots made in the course of tackle or continuing a block after the whistle and then there are absolutely crazy things where the play is completely over and someone blind sides someone. His move was as cheap as it gets
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

I'm with MD, he should be suspended for the rest of the year. 1 game is a joke. The guy is on the ground with his back to the incoming hit.
        Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

What goes through some ones head before they do such a chicken shit thing? I mean it was purposeful, the guy had his back turned, and he is lying on the ground helpless and defenseless.

Not sure I have ever seen such a cheap shot in profootball.

Comment

It's called stupidity MD. Did you hear his press conference afterwards? Gronk is an extremely likeable guy who has the brain the size of a snail. He knows that he did something wrong but can't quite figure out what it was. He's not the only idiot in the NFL I guess.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Take one part "sense of limitless entitlement", add one part "just that crazy, loveable ole Gronk being Gronk again", and mix thoroughly in a large whirlpool bath with 265 lbs of genuinely sub normal intelligence (commonly known a Borderline Mental Retardation). Take the mixture and expose it to 60,000 cheering football fans...doesn't matter that they're mostly cheering for the BIlls, this moron assumes all cheering is somehow for him...and you have Robert Gronkowski at his fun loving finest.

Patriot fans defend Gronkowski's mindless attempt to cripple the Bill's player by pointing out that he's been their Tight End for several years and has yet to murder even one person in cold blood.

Comment

If this was a first offense, I could see one game. It used to be that this stuff only resulted in fines, and not suspensions, so one game is a start. (Also, 1 NFL game is equivalent to about 10 baseball games, or 5 NBA/NHL games, season-proportion-wise.)

It's just a shame that the game is one that the Patriots will likely easily win, but those are most of their schedule every year it seems.

If he ever does it again, then it should be longer, as a repeat offender.

Comment

Working...
                X