Fan loyalty rankings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan loyalty rankings.

The Iggs are #3. The Steelers who have the best fans ever are #21. Cleveland is #1 followed by K.C. at #2.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14686579/from/RS.5/
    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

You know how ironic this is? I was talking to a friend last night who grew up in OHIO and whose Dad wore a Browns jersey every Sunday every year they grew up.

The moved and he never rooted for them again. My friend said this was pretty common.

So shennanigans to this article. SHENNANIGANS I SAY!
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
      You know how ironic this is? I was talking to a friend last night who grew up in OHIO and whose Dad wore a Browns jersey every Sunday every year they grew up.

The moved and he never rooted for them again. My friend said this was pretty common.

BP,

That is disgraceful I say, disgraceful.

Seriously though, I have not lived in Philly since 1988, but my loyalty to the team is unwavering, to the point that my two boys ( 11 and 7) are Eagles fans and they will likely never live in Philly.

My oldest son who is 11 now, went with me on a father son trip to Philly three years ago to see where dady grew up, got to sample a cheese steak from my favorite spot, and got to see his first NFL game in person and it was the Eagles at Lincoln financial field.

He proudly wears his Eagles jersey here in Cowboy country and even kept his head up high through last seasons debacle, getting razzed by all of his cowboy rooting friends. I was very proud of him!

So you see, geographic proximity to Philly or not, rooting for the Eagles is no longer a thing of choice for me.

Comment

I live in Baltimore and because of my job may never leave. My wife just got her Westbrook jersey from me (She's a Steeler fan) but my kids will be in Green till we die.

Never will I be a Baltimore fan.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Steelers fans are frontrunning jerkoffs (actually Pittsburgh fans in general are this way). When I was at PSU you could always tell when the Pens/Steelers had won the day before because all the Pittsburgh rednecks would be out in force with their jerseys on. One Monday after an Eagles loss I wore an Eagles t-shirt to class and a Pittsburgh guy I knew asked me "Why are you wearing that? They lost yesterday."

At least I think that's what he said. Pittsburgh natives have so few teeth it's sometimes hard to understand what they are saying.
          Bring it Home for Jerome

Comment

Originally posted by Fan In Exile
            Steelers fans are frontrunning jerkoffs (actually Pittsburgh fans in general are this way). When I was at PSU you could always tell when the Pens/Steelers had won the day before because all the Pittsburgh rednecks would be out in force with their jerseys on. One Monday after an Eagles loss I wore an Eagles t-shirt to class and a Pittsburgh guy I knew asked me "Why are you wearing that? They lost yesterday."

At least I think that's what he said. Pittsburgh natives have so few teeth it's sometimes hard to understand what they are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan In Exile

* Eerie. I went to PSU and felt the same way. Deer jerky eating rednecks. I hate Pittsburghites.
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

If you did, I would drive up from Annapolis and beat you into "Little Philly." Capiche?

I live in Baltimore and because of my job may never leave. My wife just got her Westbrook jersey from me (She's a Steeler fan) but my kids will be in Green till we die.

Comment

Atlanta at #31! Now there's a bit of a surprise. I would have bet the ranch that the world's least sophisticated, most homerish frontrunners...regardless of the sport...would have finished dead last.

If they ranked fan groups according to either "Fewest Number of teeth per family of four" or "Percentage of males who regularly date farm animals", Atlanta would retire the trophy.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

Comment

Dallas at #5 ? Dallas fans are the biggest bandwagon jumpers there are.

I would have put them around #28.

Arizona is the worst IMHO. Half the fans at every game are rooting for the other team.

Comment

Yes, very common. I don't know how I would feel if the Birds moved out of Philly, not for lack of fan support but for money like in Cleveland. Yes, there some people there who are still bitter, including one of my friends. What would have Philly been like if Tose would have moved to Arizona. I was in Baltimore when the Colts moved out on that snowny night, and I was wrong for laughing at my Baltimore friends about it. Because Tose almost did the same to us a year later. How ironic that they stole the Browns/Ravens 12 years later.

Comment

No doubt, I lived & worked in Washington/Baltimore area through 3 Super Bowl wins(2 - Redskins & 1 - Ravens) and never considered changing my teams in any sports. I'm now 20 years + removed from Philly, but the roots run deep.

Comment

Oakland is dead last? You mean the "Raider Nation"?

Honestly, I would have ranked the Giants and Skins higher.

The Dallas rating is a joke.... so are the fans

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyJack
                            Oakland is dead last? You mean the "Raider Nation"?

Honestly, I would have ranked the Giants and Skins higher.

The Dallas rating is a joke.... so are the fans
                            I think the rankings are based on LOCAL fandom and I can see Cowboys fans in Dallas being decent loyal fans. It's all the Cowboys fans OUTSIDE of Dallas that are a bunch of bandwagon jumping bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                              I think the rankings are based on LOCAL fandom and I can see Cowboys fans in Dallas being decent loyal fans. It's all the Cowboys fans OUTSIDE of Dallas that are a bunch of bandwagon jumping bitches.

You are correct, sir!! Here in upstate NY, I've seen VERY,VERY few Dallas jackets/jersey during the last 8-10 years, while Dallas has been sucking shit! The last time I saw one was months ago at Walmart. It was dirty and torn and was being worn by a very obese piece of white trash with no teeth who was even dirtier than her jacket. (She may have been Jerry Jones mother.)

If the Boys return to prominence and the Dallas paraphenalia begins to reappear in any significant way, I will be causing damage, human and otherwise.

SO IT IS WRITTEN...SO IT SHALL BE!

Comment

Working...
                              X