• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It sounds like the Giants are cleaning house along with going in the tannk

Sources: Giants have not held talks with upcoming free agents
    Dec
    12/3/2017 11:22:10 AM
    |More
    Not only are the New York Giants' coaching staff and front office surrounded by uncertainty, but so is their upcoming class of free agents, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

At a time when the division rival Philadelphia Eagles are extending Alshon Jeffery and Tim Jernigan, the Giants have not had any talks with their upcoming key free agents such as offensive linemen Justin Pugh and Weston Richburg, as well as linebacker Devon Kennard, sources told ESPN.

It is the same type of stance the Giants adopted with wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr., who was eligible to sign an extension last offseason for the first time in his NFL career even though it isn't the final year of his current deal. Neither Beckham nor players on expiring contracts have entered talks with the Giants last offseason and this season.

It is uncertain whether the Giants wanted to see more from the players, if ownership balked at paying them at a time when no one knows who will be coaching the team in 2018, or if they simply weren't good enough to re-sign. But it is just one more factor that points to the instability of the team.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Well they've found their "franchise coach". And Brlycream is fairly young, so they're set up for the next 15 or 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
      Well they've found their "franchise coach". And Brlycream is fairly young, so they're set up for the next 15 or 20 years.
      He'll be gone tomorrow.

Comment

I can't imagine why you'd *want* to re-sign any of that OL. Reese deserves to be fired after not even trying to fix that this off-season.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          He'll be gone tomorrow.

Appearing to fire Brylcream was just a ruse to pacify the fans and media, who were all up in arms over the shoddy treatment of "The Statue".

The Maras still believe Brylcream is an offensive whiz kid... and they still owe him lots of money. They'll be bringing him back with a fictitious new name and bio.The Gnats will claim he's some unknown tactical genius in Australian Rules Football and that's the reason no one has heard of him.

However, before the Gnats introduce him he's getting a new hairdo and some extensive facial work. At this point, the Gnats will only hint at the new HC's first name...Thom (I believe that's Australian for Tom). The facial work will make Brylcream appear considerably older to lend him an air of gravitas...thus hoping to avoid a repeat of the "Kick me hard!" signs which appeared so routinely on MacAdoo's back during games this year.

Here's a pic of what the Gnat's ownership is wanting the team of plastic surgeons to aim for with their work.

Comment

LOL!! I'll tell you what, he turned around Jacksonville in a hurry. He was a whiny bastard during games but I saw a documentary on him and he's really one hell of a guy. I have a lot of respect for him (even though I used to laugh my ass off at him while he was pissing me off!).

Comment

McAdoo's staement to the media and fans

Just came across this post on The Gnat's Big Blue Forum. It was in the thread that presented Jerry' Reese's very classy farewell statement. This post was, of course, a ball break on McAdoo, playing with his habit of frequently blaming others, most notably Eli, for Gnat lose. I think it's no great stretch to believe MCAdoo actually thinks like this even if he would 't say it publicly...the arrogant fuck.

In any case, I thought it was funny...

McAdoo statement Reale01 : 2:07 pm : link

Thank you to the Mara and Tisch families. Thank you Jerry Reese. The players tried very hard to execute my well designed schemes, but were not consistent enough to win. The good news is that after watching the film I could see the problems and they are correctable. I tried to address the biggest problem and it cost me my job.

The coaches job is to run excellent practices and looking back you will see from my comments that we did that every week. It is up to the players to execute in to the game. They were told to be heavy handed, to protect the Duke, to play complementary football, and to get to manageable third downs. Our defensive coordinator was charged with protecting leads and was not able to do that this year. Now he is the head coach ... just saying.

Go McAdoo!

I will look back fondly on my years with the Giants. I only wish I could have had the right players in place to run my system and that I could have had an opportunity to call the plays for Geno.

Comment

fuck them!!! May they be the bottom feeder of the division for eternity
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Our dream scenario

Jeff Fisher wows them in an interview.

Comment

Working...
                  X