Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we'll see Dak this year

Jerry Jones' prayers answered: Romo OK after back scare

There was a collective sigh of relief heard from Seattle all the way to Dallas Thursday night when quarterback Tony Romo walked off the field under his own power after being injured on the third play of the preseason game between the Seahawks and Cowboys, Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

Romo grabbed his back after he was sacked by Seahawks defensive end Cliff Avril as he was attempting to slide.

After a few minutes on the ground, Romo walked off under his own power. He was attended to by a host of Cowboys medical personnel.

“ I was in shock. I had my mind on 'come on Tony get up,’” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told TV broadcasters. “I said a few prayers right then and there on the spot.”

The tackle on Romo overshadowed the 27-17 loss to the Seahawks, who got a 16-yard, third-quarter touchdown run by former TCU quarterback Trevone Boykin.

Romo took some snaps on the sideline, made a few throws and even had his back stretched out while on the ground.

He lobbied to come back in, but was seemingly overruled.

Romo did not return to the game when the offense went back on the field for the second series. He put his ball cap on and watched from the sidelines.

The 36-year old quarterback had back surgeries following the 2012 and 2013 seasons and missed 12 games last year after twice fracturing his collarbone.

“He is not injured,” Jones said. “He was fit to be tied to go back in. It was the coach’s decision.”
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I'm not so sure that he didn't injure himself. It looked pretty bad.
    Jerry playing doctor again.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Didn't see the game. How did Dak do against Seattle's number one defense?

Comment

August 20, 2016 9:09 am
        Cowboys' Dak Prescott: Shines again in Friday victory

by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com

Prescott completed 12 of 15 passes for 199 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions in Friday's 41-14 preseason victory over the Dolphins. He also totaled 28 yards and two touchdowns on three rushes.

The rookie was lights out for the second straight week, completing his first eight passes and providing a pair of highlight-reel moments. He connected with Brice Butler on a deep heave down the middle for 58 yards, which he followed up with a well-placed outside shoulder throw for a touchdown to Butler on the next play. Prescott also flashed his pocket awareness and wheels on a 20-yard sprint to the end zone midway through the third quarter. The Mississippi State product closed his night out with a determined one-yard dive into the end zone on fourth-and-goal later in the period. Prescott's play over the first two preseason games has likely exceeded the team's expectations and has been impactful enough for Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to state that he is satisfied with his team's quarterback depth at the moment, despite Prescott's rookie status.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          August 20, 2016 9:09 am
          Cowboys' Dak Prescott: Shines again in Friday victory

by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com

Prescott completed 12 of 15 passes for 199 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions in Friday's 41-14 preseason victory over the Dolphins. He also totaled 28 yards and two touchdowns on three rushes.

The rookie was lights out for the second straight week, completing his first eight passes and providing a pair of highlight-reel moments. He connected with Brice Butler on a deep heave down the middle for 58 yards, which he followed up with a well-placed outside shoulder throw for a touchdown to Butler on the next play. Prescott also flashed his pocket awareness and wheels on a 20-yard sprint to the end zone midway through the third quarter. The Mississippi State product closed his night out with a determined one-yard dive into the end zone on fourth-and-goal later in the period. Prescott's play over the first two preseason games has likely exceeded the team's expectations and has been impactful enough for Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to state that he is satisfied with his team's quarterback depth at the moment, despite Prescott's rookie status.
          Wrong game. Last night Dak was 17-23 for 115 yards or something like that. Lots of quick short passes but looked pretty good. The TD he threw to Witten could have easilty been intercepted if the LB could have located the ball in the air. He looked like one of our LBs in coverage.

I'm actually hoping that Romo plays at least half the season and Dak's development is delayed.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

F the Cowboys, but....

That OLine is special and that would definitely help what I think is a below average rookie QB

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
              F the Cowboys, but....

That OLine is special and that would definitely help what I think is a below average rookie QB
              I agree. What I meant by the post was that Romo is already hurting and will be out sooner than later. I don't think Dak will do much once the real bullets start flying.
              Last edited by Eagle60; 08-26-2016, 03:44 PM.

Comment

No doubt Dak will play. No doubt he will go through the rookie issues that all rookie QB's go through. He has some things going for him, an excellent offensive line in front of him, a very good run game and at Whiten and Bryant to throw to.

I have seen many a rookie preform great in the preseason and when the lights go on for real, they whither and go away. Not sure if Dak will do that but even if this was Wentz preforming that way I would temper my enthusiasm. Many Dallas fans have him in Canton already.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Their o-line is a bit overrated I would say. Very good in the run game but still only 4.2 TDs/Att which was 14th and not so much great in pass protection. They allowed 33 sacks which was 18th. If their Oline was as dominant as everyone says, surely they could have won more than 4 games last year.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Turns out Romo broke a bone in his back. Out at least half the season

Comment

Originally posted by eagles2000 View Post
                      Turns out Romo broke a bone in his back. Out at least half the season
                      You must be mistaken! Dr Jerry assured us Tony was OK and wanted to go back in the game!

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                        You must be mistaken! Dr Jerry assured us Tony was OK and wanted to go back in the game!
                        He's broken a bone on the other side of his vertebrae this time. He's a moron if he ever plays again.

And Prescott has been tearing third stringers and baggers- whoopdy doo.

Comment

Working...
                        X