Michael Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Bennett

Supposedly he wants a raise. Eagles want to trade or even release him. Hopefully we can get something for him. 6.2 million base salary and 1 million dollar per game bonus due this year.
    Fly EaglesFly!

He came in and did a real nice job for them but I am not sure he is in line for a raise. Also I would question a million dollar per game bonus. If he plays every game he gets a 16 mil bonus? That would put him at 22 mil for the year. Something doesn't seem right there.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
      Supposedly he wants a raise. Eagles want to trade or even release him. Hopefully we can get something for him. 6.2 million base salary and 1 million dollar per game bonus due this year.
      Hell, we all want a raise. Didn't he get a big bonus last year to move his numbers around to get under the cap? I seem to remember that they gave him a few million upfront to make it a 2 year deal but I could be wrong there. It never ends.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I get it. He’s a good player. But his salary is right where it should be. Get rid of this clown. He is replaceable.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
          I get it. He’s a good player. But his salary is right where it should be. Get rid of this clown. He is replaceable.
          I guess we disagree here--- I thought he played hard and successfully, I have no problem wanting him back--- and I don't get into the $$$ anymore. I kinda like his attitude when it comes to winning. But if we can rep[lace the talent -- fine--- but I think you think he can be replaced easily? Haven't heard one bad thing making this a clown since he got here.

Comment

Supposedly the Patriots are acquiring Bennett in a trade. No details yet.

Comment

Looks like Bennett and our 7th for Pats 5th--- stupid deal IMHO. Just a money dump!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                Looks like Bennett and our 7th for Pats 5th--- stupid deal IMHO. Just a money dump!
                If this is the deal then I totally agree with MD. Moving a pick up two rounds seems like a weak deal. We gave up the same thing plus anWR to get him here. I don’t like this deal. A player nearing the end of his career wants a raise. No surprise there. Hell it’s hard to think of a good player at the end of his career that isn’t trying to par the nest egg a little more while they can. This deal sucks even more because the frigging Pats get him!!
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

He is replaceable.
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

He is replaceable.
                    Shakes head...... everybody is replaceable, duh.

Comment

MD
                      I know... what I mean is a younger cheaper guy is preferable. Bring back Long. Bring back Vinny.

Let’s roll.

Comment

Bennett is a special player though. He made a play against Dak Prescott this year that I have seen very few if any DL make. He faked like he was biting on the run on a read option, Dak kept it and was likely heading to the end zone but Bennett jumped back outside and tackled him for a loss.
                        The tackle for a loss vs the Saints that made that last FG even longer (which they missed) was another huge play.
                        He must have wanted huge money or is just a real pain in the ass. Another possibility is that his legal problem might mean he’s going to miss time.
                        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I would have preferred getting a third-- even if we threw in a comp pick sixth. I don't know the money situation but Bennett played well last year. At the same time I think Barnett gives us what Bennett would so maybe add a pretty high draft pick and they are okay. I also think many were high on what Sweat was going to bring so maybe he is the answer
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

MD
                            I know... what I mean is a younger cheaper guy is preferable. Bring back Long. Bring back Vinny.

Let’s roll.
                            Hell, Imm, Long is more “long” in tooth and less valuable. And the same answer applies... of course there at3 people as good and at a better price.... but we do not have them, and may not get them. Obviously this is now a moot point, but I hate it when we just tear guys down, for the wrong reasons.

Comment

Hell, Imm, Long is more “long” in tooth and less valuable. And the same answer applies... of course there at3 people as good and at a better price.... but we do not have them, and may not get them. Obviously this is now a moot point, but I hate it when we just tear guys down, for the wrong reasons.
                              He's a hell of a player and we're going to miss him period. I've never heard of the Patriots overpaying ANYBODY. When guys ask for one they get shipped out. It sounds like that's what happened here when the Birds started handing out raises. I hate to lose him,, especially when we basically gave him away. Damn.
                              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                              X