Is Darby an Eagle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taz View Post
    Have to see the contract first. If he is totally healthy which he won't be for the first game he is a good player. Not great but good. He will be worth the 8.5 million (I would think much of that is incentive based).

If he can't play week one, I doubt he makes it on the field at all, as the other corners will get themselves entrenched in the position.

I think that Douglas really stepped up as he played more last year. He looked like a starting caliber corner. Maddox has a ton of talent and looked like he could be a a very good corner. LeBlanc was great after the first few games, especially in the playoffs. They still have Jalen Mills (Although I suspect he is injured much more than we think being he is still in a walking boot).
    I think most of the contract is straight up $ paid to him with little incentive. They can easily cut him I would guess if he doesn't look good coming out of camp and the signing bonus in the deal wasn't huge. Reuben Frank had an interesting stat. The league average the last two years is 3.1 passing TDs allowed per game. In the 20 games Darby has played, the Eagles pass D has allowed 1.4 TDs per game. The big issue is that he's played 20 out of 37 games while he's been here. He was touted as one of the best CBs available in free agency by prognosticators and we got him on a one year deal with the chance to get a comp pick next year should he walk. It's a great move.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
      I think most of the contract is straight up $ paid to him with little incentive. They can easily cut him I would guess if he doesn't look good coming out of camp and the signing bonus in the deal wasn't huge. Reuben Frank had an interesting stat. The league average the last two years is 3.1 passing TDs allowed per game. In the 20 games Darby has played, the Eagles pass D has allowed 1.4 TDs per game. The big issue is that he's played 20 out of 37 games while he's been here. He was touted as one of the best CBs available in free agency by prognosticators and we got him on a one year deal with the chance to get a comp pick next year should he walk. It's a great move.
      It's a great move if he can play. He's a damned good DB, no question.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Contract breakdown 4.5 mill guaranteed. 3.5 mill signing bonus 1 mill salary. Can earn 2 million more in game bonus. So it can be as much as 1 yr 6.5 million not the 8.5 million it was reported as.

Better deal this way.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Incentives can bring him to $8.5MM apparently.

Comment

Working...
          X