Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romo out half the season at least

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/...ne-in-his-back

Guys we want Romo. Dak is going to be rookie of the year. He is D McNabb guys. Maybe a better runner even.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Dak has to prove it in the regular season. Remember Bradford in the Green Bay game last year? I thought we were going to the Super Bowl

Comment

He has certainly looked the part. It may take a few games to figure him out, but he has a big leap, but he also has a WR, RB and OL that cam nail him out

Comment

He was the best QB in this draft. I am not saying WentZ is not good. I'm saying Dak is better.

5 tool guy
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

As Wilbon would say, "I believe I had that".
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              He was the best QB in this draft. I am not saying WentZ is not good. I'm saying Dak is better.

5 tool guy
              You keep saying that AW, but every time he played one of the better SEC teams he looked like crap. Lets look at last season. First at home against a mediocre LSU team he gets beat 21-19, then Texas A&M 30-17, huge game at home against Bama gets crushed 31-6 and finally at home again got manhandled vs Ol Miss 38-27 in a game that was never close. I watched this kid for the last 3 years suck against good competition and I see no reason how that can possibly change in the pros. He was a big strong lumbering kid that nobody wanted to mess with once he got rolling in college. There was no quickness there and that's why he went so late in the draft. I sure ain't afraid of no Dawk Peterson.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                You keep saying that AW, but every time he played one of the better SEC teams he looked like crap. Lets look at last season. First at home against a mediocre LSU team he gets beat 21-19, then Texas A&M 30-17, huge game at home against Bama gets crushed 31-6 and finally at home again got manhandled vs Ol Miss 38-27 in a game that was never close. I watched this kid for the last 3 years suck against good competition and I see no reason how that can possibly change in the pros. He was a big strong lumbering kid that nobody wanted to mess with once he got rolling in college. There was no quickness there and that's why he went so late in the draft. I sure ain't afraid of no Dawk Peterson.
                Out of curiosity, how good was his OL in college? If his OL was overwhelmed by better DL, I doubt he would look all that good. But in the NFL if he always has a competitive OL, it can be very different. Remember Foles with a great OL -- all 2013 -- versus one in disarray (2014).

But that said, yeah, we need to see it in the regular season. I do have this bad fear that they found a good cheap QB while they have to pay non-playing Romo lots of bucks for a couple more seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                  Out of curiosity, how good was his OL in college? If his OL was overwhelmed by better DL, I doubt he would look all that good. But in the NFL if he always has a competitive OL, it can be very different. Remember Foles with a great OL -- all 2013 -- versus one in disarray (2014).

But that said, yeah, we need to see it in the regular season. I do have this bad fear that they found a good cheap QB while they have to pay non-playing Romo lots of bucks for a couple more seasons.
                  They were good enough to win a lot of games. I think they went 7-4 last season. I know they beat La Tech for one win outside the SEC so I imagine their other game was a real patsy. I guess that means they went 5-4 in the conference. They had enough talent to ply with the big dogs. Dak belonged on the porch with the puppies.

Comment

When you watch him play those LSU and Bama type of teams and I did, you have to remember how outclassed his pieces are in comparison. To me in those games if you put him on the other team they'd win by 40.

Time will tell but I am convinced he is a Russell Wilson, McNabb, Jake Plummer, Steve McNair type of second tier QB talent.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post

When you watch him play those LSU and Bama type of teams and I did, you have to remember how outclassed his pieces are in comparison. To me in those games if you put him on the other team they'd win by 40.

Time will tell but I am convinced he is a Russell Wilson, McNabb, Jake Plummer, Steve McNair type of second tier QB talent.
                      Well I sure hope like hell he's not for our sake!!! Too bad that he's on Dallas though because I really do like the kid as a person. I'll just say that there are reasons why he got drafted so late. Classy kid though.

Comment

Oh 60 I agree. He is a great kid. I hope he struggles though big time and 1000 percent wrong. Because he plays for the enemy.

I'm just not going to be surprised if he is at least as good as WentZ.

Comment

Prescott has some things going for him, very good offensive line, what could be the best running back crew in football and a stud receiver in Bryant and a great safety value in Whiten. However, he is a rookie and I don't care how good everything thinks he is, he is going to struggle. Remember nobody has game planed for him yet. Once they do they will figure out his tendencies exploit them and then lets see what happens.
                          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I think Romo is done. That's a different back injury and this one is to the front of the spine. He's a moron if he comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                              I think Romo is done. That's a different back injury and this one is to the front of the spine. He's a moron if he comes back.
                              Unlike most people I like Romo and think he's a good QB despite him being a Cowboy. I hope he retires for his own good.

Comment

Working...
                              X