Hardest round of the playoffs for the eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardest round of the playoffs for the eagles

I have been thinking about the road the eagles will have to travel to get to the SB. I firmly believe the wild card round will be the most difficult for the eagles. I cannot put a finger on it but my gut is telling me the eagles will play better against NO, Chi, or Seattle. The cowboys won't be involved after this weekend.

I don't know why either, but I feel the exact same way, although going into NO will be damned tough. I don't really like being favored this week, if we beat the Giants, we'll be underdogs for the remainer of the tournament. We seem to do better in that roll.

Comment

We could just as easily be going to Chicago...either way we have to win. I have a quiet confidence this year, alot like 2004...
      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I just wish all the "bandwagon experts" weren't so strong in favoring the Birds and dismissing the Gnats. I suspect most of the Gnats would love to see Colonel Tom gone, but I don't expect them to lie down in order to insure his departure. A couple might mail it in, but competitive drive and dislike of the Birds compounded by being "dissed" bt the media, will motivate most Gnats to a high level of intensity...at least at the start of the game.

I don't want this one to stay close because, in games with NY, weird game changing events occur all to often...in both directions. Eli must be "punched in the mouth" at the first opportunity and frequently thereafter.

Comment

The Jints were leading the second game going into the 4th quarter. So with AR, Dawk, etc. on our side...I don't see them being complacent. Just don't, no matter what else happens.

JUST WIN
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

tino raises an interesting point. The Giants veterans apparently hate Coughlin, and I can see why. If I were a player, he'd probably be the last coach in the league that I'd want to play for. Nobody likes working for an anal retentative jerk, regardless of their profession.

They have to know, or at least feel, that if they lose on Sunday, Coach Tom will probably get the boot, but if they make a run in the playoffs, he may just be back again next season for another go around of if you're not 5 minutes early, you're late, and on and on.

I don't think it will matter, but I do wonder if it has crossed the minds of any of their players. I could see guys like Burress and Shockey really wishing that Coughlin would get canned.

Comment

We need a new roll. We have had our roll on the regular season, we have to start a plyoff roll. the first game is the hardest. And it's against a team that knows us real well. They've seen Garcia in our system now, and there is a bit of a book on him. I was kind of happy for anothr reason that AJ played against Atlanta, becaue it would have just supplied our oponents with more game tape on Garcia.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Personally, I think N.O. would be the hardest game, if we get that far.

Can you imagine how loud it is going to be for the N.O. home playoff opener ? The fans gave McNabb a lot of trouble with the signals in the previous matchup (I know, Jeff manages the game better).

Also, I would rather be Dallas and have Sea/Chi over NYG/N.O.

Comment

Agree with Pliny. We are nervous about the Giants b/c it's the third time. That's a valid concern, but if the Eagles execute they should be fine. NO is a very tough matchup b/c they present a balanced attack led by a qb who gets rid of the ball quickly and accurately. Add in their own thunder and lighting and a significant home field advantage and a clean game from the Eagles may not be enough. Chicago is a reprise of a couple years back where they won with smoke and mirrors during the regular season and we beat them in the playoffs up there.
                  Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                  Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

worry about every game......we all will. The only team to really I fear in the NFC are the boys from NOLA. For all the reasons mentioned above.

Yes we could lose to ny but you win playoff games in the trenches and we have one on the best offensive lines in the NFL. Our defensive line has done a total 180 and is only getting stronger with Bunkley coming on. Quiet confidence for this weekend.

Comment

I think New Orleans is the real roadblock to us getting to the Super Bowl. Sean Payton's playcalling, with Bush and McCalister running the ball, and Coltson, the huge receiver...bad matchup for our D.

Comment

One advantage that we might have against the Saints is that they are a young club, and they are not playing this week. If we go there, it will be with some momentum, after beating the Giants.

And remember, this is a team that got beat pretty good by the Redskins at home, and that we played tough the first time when we were not playing nearly as well overall as we are now. We can beat these guys in their house, but it won't be easy.

Comment

Working...
                        X